• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

London to Gravesend via HS1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dhassell

Hi, I am looking to travel between London and Gravesend on a saturday in the near future. I wouldn't mind taking a ride on HS1, but as I will already have a London Zone 1-6 Travelcard, I was wondering if it would be valid to get a Boundary Zone 6 to Gravesend ticket, as well as an Off-Peak HS1 upgrade ticket between St Pancras and Gravesend?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Hadders

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
Boundary Zone tickets cannot be used on HS1 as HS1 is wholly outside the Travelcard Zones.

Starmill

Veteran Member
Fares Advisor
You could buy a 'Plus High Speed' Gravesend & London Zones 1-6 Travalcard for £21 and a single from Gravesend to Boundary Zone 6 for £5.10, but then you would have to come back via Dartford.

Alternatively you could buy the return from Boundary Zone 6 to Gravesend for £5.40, travel via Dartford to Gravesend, travel to St Pancras, and then later travel back from St Pancras to Gravesend and then from Gravesend back to London via Dartford. Whew.

talldave

Established Member
There's a much cheaper way to get from St Pancras to Gravesend on HS1. I'll send the info to your Inbox

Dhassell

Boundary Zone tickets cannot be used on HS1 as HS1 is wholly outside the Travelcard Zones.
Thanks for clarifying this, wasn't 100% sure if it would or wouldn't be valid with a upgrade, thanks for confirming it wouldn't be!

You could buy a 'Plus High Speed' Gravesend & London Zones 1-6 Travalcard for £21 and a single from Gravesend to Boundary Zone 6 for £5.10, but then you would have to come back via Dartford.

Alternatively you could buy the return from Boundary Zone 6 to Gravesend for £5.40, travel via Dartford to Gravesend, travel to St Pancras, and then later travel back from St Pancras to Gravesend and then from Gravesend back to London via Dartford. Whew.
Thanks for the suggestions.
There's a much cheaper way to get from St Pancras to Gravesend on HS1. I'll send the info to your Inbox
I look forward to seeing what you have to say in private messages!

Status
Not open for further replies.