• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

London to Harrogate (returning via Sheffield)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Capybara

It should be an easy one, this. I'll be travelling from London to Harrogate at the weekend on what they call these days a Super Off Peak Return. I'm considering returning via Sheffield with a break of journey there and then on to St Pancras. Is that allowed? I'm sure I travelled via Sheffield once before in Saver days but can't recall if I did so because of disruption on the ECML. As a supplementary, I see there appear to be no left luggage facilities at Sheffield so does anyone know of anywhere nearby where I would be able to leave a bag (and retrieve it later, obviously)? Thanks.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
If you're intending to use this ticket

London Terminals - Harrogate
Route Any Permitted
Super Off-Peak Return
£96.30

I see no reason why a break of journey at Sheffield is not permitted.

telstarbox

Established Member
As a supplementary, I see there appear to be no left luggage facilities at Sheffield so does anyone know of anywhere nearby where I would be able to leave a bag (and retrieve it later, obviously)? Thanks.

There are luggage lockers at Sheffield Interchange - across the road from the station, adjacent to the National Express coach stops. Turn right out of the station, cross at the lights then follow the covered walkway through to the Interchange.

It says you can't leave items in the lockers overnight but they are on an external wall so you can in theory get to them 24 hours a day (as you can walk into the bus lanes any time). Do this at your own risk though!

If you paste the following lat/long into Google Maps, the green arrow (not red marker) shows roughly where the lockers are.

53.38069, -1.46366
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
According to this thread it's £1 for a "huge locker".

Last edited:

calc7

Established Member
Also note that the Super Off-Peak Return from London Terminals to Cattal is valid for the journey you want to make and is priced at £94.10.

Capybara

Thanks all. I assume the Cattal option means travelling via Leeds in both directions?

John @ home

Established Member
I assume the Cattal option means travelling via Leeds in both directions?
Yes - apologies.
I don't agree.
Routeing Points (RPs) for Cattal are Leeds Group and York.
Both pass the Fares Check:
Anytime Day Single London Terminals - Cattal £124.50.
Anytime Day Single London Terminals - Leeds £124.50.
Anytime Day Single London Terminals - York £124.50.
Therefore both are appropriate RPs for a London Terminals - Cattal journey. Therefore the following are valid:
  • Out: London - York - Cattal. Return: Cattal - Harrogate (break) - Leeds - Sheffield - London.
  • Out: London - Leeds - Harrogate. Unused: Harrogate - Cattal - Harrogate. Return: Harrogate - Leeds - Sheffield - London.

calc7

Established Member
I don't agree.
Routeing Points (RPs) for Cattal are Leeds Group and York.
Both pass the Fares Check:
Anytime Day Single London Terminals - Cattal £124.50.
Anytime Day Single London Terminals - Leeds £124.50.
Anytime Day Single London Terminals - York £124.50.
Therefore both are appropriate RPs for a London Terminals - Cattal journey. Therefore the following are valid:
  • Out: London - York - Cattal. Return: Cattal - Harrogate (break) - Leeds - Sheffield - London.
  • Out: London - Leeds - Harrogate. Unused: Harrogate - Cattal - Harrogate. Return: Harrogate - Leeds - Sheffield - London.

In full agreement. Not sure why I didn't think of using the start of the return portion to get to the destination. :oops:

Status
Not open for further replies.