• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

London to High Wycombe via Aylesbury, 19/10

Status
Not open for further replies.

YorkC

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Are you planning on returning to London? If so, a return from London to Aylesbury is valid via High Wycombe, and you can break your return journey there. The challenge would be that it wouldn't be valid to double back to Aylesbury to get back to London so you'd end up on a rail replacement bus from Gerrards Cross to Hillingdon or West Ruislip on the return (the RRB to Amersham would probably be quicker and I would have thought the ticket would be valid, but that's dependent on whether anyone bothers checking and whether they would have a problem with it).

If it's a one way journey, two singles looks cheaper. It's also quite possible that one single London-High Wycombe would also be accepted given the disruption.

YorkC

Yeah, I am going back to London - should have made that clear.

I did wonder if in practice London - High Wycombe would be accepted in the circumstances but a bit wary about using a ticket that's technically not valid even if it looks reasonable enough (this route is only 15 mins longer than using the RRB...). Thanks for the reply.

Yeah, I am going back to London - should have made that clear.

I did wonder if in practice London - High Wycombe would be accepted in the circumstances but a bit wary about using a ticket that's technically not valid even if it looks reasonable enough (this route is only 15 mins longer than using the RRB...). Thanks for the reply.

It might be worth asking Chiltern Customer Services whether the High Wycombe ticket would be valid via Aylesbury on that day - it's a not unreasonable route especially for anyone with reduced mobility. Although the Aylesbury CDR is only £1.60 more anyway and is definitely valid.

YorkC

Yeah, cheers - I sent a message enquiring about that earlier. Will post if I hear back.

Status
Not open for further replies.