• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

London to Leamington out via Banbury rtn via Coventry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenny G

I am planning on travelling with my two children from London to Leamington Spa on 09/07/16 returning on 10/07/16.

I would usually buy a super off peak return from Chiltern but unfortunately there are engineering works on Sunday which would mean the return journey takes 2.5 hours.

An alternative route is to go via Coventry and use Virgin back to Euston.

Would I be permitted to use a Super Off-Peak Return Any Permitted route for £35.35 to go out from Marylebone and return to Euston?

Thanks.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

CyrusWuff

Established Member
I am planning on travelling with my two children from London to Leamington Spa on 09/07/16 returning on 10/07/16.

Would I be permitted to use a Super Off-Peak Return Any Permitted route for £35.35 to go out from Marylebone and return to Euston?

Assuming you comply with the time restrictions, that's fine, as a direct train is always a permitted route.

CyrusWuff

Established Member
Should have been more explicit as to the relevance of the "direct train" rule, but I was on my mobile at the time!

Kenny G

Thank you for the replies. Ended up buying advanced tickets there and back and saving a bit more money.

Status
Not open for further replies.