• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

London to Leeds/Manchester again

Status
Not open for further replies.

theageofthetra

On Moderation
Hi have non protected priv will be travelling from London on 22/5 & back on 23/5 & am looking at staying in Leeds on Sunday 22/5 night. I need maximum flexibility as given the poor weather forecast for the first few days of the England v Sri Lanka test at Headingley full days play on 4th and 5th days looks to be very likely but need to keep an eye on weather and state of play. I would ideally like to also watch Surrey at Old Trafford on the day I don't go to Headingley. Now is it just going to be easier to buy an open return with priv London-Manchester or Leeds and just use the train one way Leeds-Manchester or can I get one ticket or split that allows me to go up from Euston & back to KC (or vice versa). Thanks for any suggestions.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Tetchytyke

Veteran Member
There may be cheaper options, but a London Terminals-Huddersfield return may be useful for you, as this is valid on both the ECML and WCML.

Tetchytyke

Veteran Member
London Terminals-Huddersfield return will give you travel London-Manchester (break)-Huddersfield then immediately switch to return portion for Huddersfield-Leeds (break)-London. Or vice versa.

Cheaper options may be available!

theageofthetra

On Moderation
Thanks for that. Do all the trains Leeds- Manchester stop at Huddersfield or does it not matter with that ticket? Cheers

theageofthetra

On Moderation
Hi I have been sold a super off peak open return London Terminals- Huddersfield travelling up tmmr. Are there any peak restrictions coming back on either the ECML or WCML to London or the Transpenine bit on Tuesday afternoon/evening? Thx

John @ home

Established Member
I have been sold a super off peak open return London Terminals- Huddersfield travelling up tmmr. Are there any peak restrictions coming back on either the ECML or WCML to London or the Transpenine bit on Tuesday afternoon/evening?
No. The restrictions for the return leg of a £106.00 (PRV £26.50) Super Off-Peak Return London Terminals - Huddersfield route Any Permitted are here. The relevant part for return travel to Kings Cross or Euston is:
Restriction Code: 9D

Mondays to Fridays

RETURN TRAVEL
Not valid on trains timed to arrive:

LONDON TERMINALS (except as shown below) after 04:29 and before 11:17 ...

LONDON EUSTON after 07:19 and before 11:30.

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Hi I have been sold a super off peak open return London Terminals- Huddersfield travelling up tmmr. Are there any peak restrictions coming back on either the ECML or WCML to London or the Transpenine bit on Tuesday afternoon/evening? Thx
http://www.brfares.com/#faredetail?orig=1072&dest=HUD&tkt=SSR
RETURN TRAVEL
Not valid on trains timed to
arrive:

LONDON TERMINALS (except as
shown below) after 04:29 and
before 11:17;

LONDON LIVERPOOL STREET after
04:29 and before 10:00;

LONDON ST PANCRAS
INTERNATIONAL after 04:29 and
before 11:29;

LONDON EUSTON after 07:19 and
before 11:30;

STEVENAGE after 04:29 and
before 10:55;.

LUTON or LUTON AIRPORT PARKWAY
after 04:29 and before 10:26;

BEDFORD after 04:29 and before
10:30;

WATFORD JUNCTION after 06:43
and before 10:48;

MILTON KEYNES CENTRAL after
06:38 and before 10:48.

OVERNIGHT BREAK OF JOURNEY
(See break of journey notes at
start of this section) -
restarting journey from an
intermediate station:
Outward (on day 2): outward
morning restrictions as above
apply from/via the stations
shown above (Monday-Friday).
Recommencing from any other
of the stations shown above
must be on trains timed to
depart 0930 or later (Monday-
Friday).
If you break your outward journey at Leeds on Sunday, you can resume it on Monday but not Tuesday, so you would have to buy a ticket from Leeds to Huddersfield on Tuesday.

By the way, I found the opening post a bit hard to follow, so in future it may be easier to write an itinerary in easy to read chunks clearly showing the date (and rough time) of each leg, so that we can give the best possible advice :)

theageofthetra

On Moderation
Thanks. I plan to go over to Old Trafford on Mon or Tues for Lancs v Surrey depending on the weather so presumably I need to buy a single back from Manchester to Leeds if I travel on Mon. I am staying in Leeds Sun and Mon night as I can't change my hotel unfortunately following the Sri Lankan debacle.

Veteran Member
Thanks. I plan to go over to Old Trafford on Mon or Tues for Lancs v Surrey depending on the weather so presumably I need to buy a single back from Manchester to Leeds if I travel on Mon. I am staying in Leeds Sun and Mon night as I can't change my hotel unfortunately following the Sri Lankan debacle.

If you use your HUD ticket on Monday as above, is it then valid for LDS-KGX on the Tuesday? I'd be interested to have an opinion from one of our Fares Advisors.

Would have thought it better to get a HUD-MAN return on the Monday, and if you want a second day at Old Trafford, a LDS-MAN single on the Tuesday.

Status
Not open for further replies.