• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

London to Manchester

Status
Not open for further replies.

TD_Hairpiece

I've just discovered your great site today so I'd be grateful for some help please.

Travelling from London to Manchester to watch the cricket. Leaving on Friday the 2nd of August returning on Sunday the 4th. Looking to leave around midday for both journeys.

Trying to beat Virgin's £34 single prices. So far I've found London to Stoke, Stoke to Manchester for £16 which seems pretty good. Takes about an hour longer than direct but not bad for more than 50% saving.

Coming back is the problem. I can find a similar price back but takes nearly 4 and a half hours which is a bit longer than I would like.

Anyone have any other ideas for either journey?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

lemonic

You could consider travelling via Sheffield and taking advantage of £10 off travel on East Midlands Trains to/from London St Pancras Intl. (Go here for voucher http://www.eastmidlandstrains.co.uk/summer)

For example, coming back:
Manchester Piccadilly 12:18 - Sheffield 13:08 - £9 Advance Single
Sheffield 13:46 - London St Pancras 16:21 - £15 Advance Single (£25 but use £10 off voucher)
So £24 single.

You might be able to play around with the times a bit to save a little bit more.

TD_Hairpiece

Thanks.

Will consider that but I'm edging towards paying the Virgin fare for the sake of saving £8 for an extra hour and a half.

Status
Not open for further replies.