• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

LONDON to OBAN off-peak return

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've this ticket for next month (departing 12 August on the Lowland Sleeper), for a wedding in Iona, and my only question is whether, when I'm making my way back down, it would be valid on a Glasgow Central Southbound XC service to Newcastle.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Established Member
What is the price of the ticket, as there are a couple of Off Peak Returns which have different routeings.

Can't really see it being a problem travelling via the East Coast Mainline but always best to check.

calc7

Established Member
1. Does it seem like a reasonable route? Yes
2. Is such an itinerary offered on National Rail/East Coast/etc. websites? Yes

In 99% of cases this would make me happy enough to travel on such a route with that ticket.

Thank you thank you. I should not have doubted it, and only did perhaps because break of journey is not something I've really done other than getting off en-route and getting back on again.

I will also be breaking the return leg in Glasgow and York but these lead to fewer/no questions.

Using the outward portion on the early morning service 13 Aug. from Queen St. to Oban ought to be an adventure inofitself.

Established Member
The Route: Via York ticket is a lot more expensive than the Route: Any Permitted for some reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.