• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

LONDON to OBAN off-peak return

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've this ticket for next month (departing 12 August on the Lowland Sleeper), for a wedding in Iona, and my only question is whether, when I'm making my way back down, it would be valid on a Glasgow Central Southbound XC service to Newcastle.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Established Member
What is the price of the ticket, as there are a couple of Off Peak Returns which have different routeings.

Can't really see it being a problem travelling via the East Coast Mainline but always best to check.

calc7

Established Member
1. Does it seem like a reasonable route? Yes
2. Is such an itinerary offered on National Rail/East Coast/etc. websites? Yes

In 99% of cases this would make me happy enough to travel on such a route with that ticket.

Thank you thank you. I should not have doubted it, and only did perhaps because break of journey is not something I've really done other than getting off en-route and getting back on again.

I will also be breaking the return leg in Glasgow and York but these lead to fewer/no questions.

Using the outward portion on the early morning service 13 Aug. from Queen St. to Oban ought to be an adventure inofitself.

Established Member
The Route: Via York ticket is a lot more expensive than the Route: Any Permitted for some reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.