• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

London to Ryde Hoverport - valid on hovercraft?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wintonian

Established Member
London to Ryde hovercraft has 2 routes via Barnham and route; Hovertravel..

Does that mean that route Barnham is not valid on the hovercraft without a change of route excess? :?

Attachments

• 1072-xrd.JPG
    1072-xrd.JPG
    32 KB · Views: 38
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

sonic2009

Established Member
as far as i know and believe only tickets routed HOVERTRAVEL are valid on the hovercraft.

This was the case was i went to the Isle of Wight 18months ago, so yes i'm sure a route excess would apply in this case.

This taken from Hovertravel's Website :

IMPORTANT : Please state 'Ryde Hoverport' when purchasing your tickets to ensure you are traveling via Hovertravel. If your ticket states 'Ryde Esplanade', or any other Island destination, then your ticket will not be vaild to use on Hovertravel services.

wintonian

Established Member
The destination for the ticket is Ryde hoverport, just the routing I belive should be any permitted and not route; hovertravel, if there is more than one flow.

SWT flows are all or mostly route; Hovertravel, southerns along the West Coastway seem to be any permitted.

Mike395

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
I agree both routings are valid on the hovercraft, as they are both issued to 'Ryde Hoverport' - although as wintonian suggests, the routing for the unrestricted ticket is confusing as-is :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.