• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

London to Salisbury via Romsey

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheNewNo2

Quick question. I am intending to buy an open return London to Totnes. I'm planning to go the West of England route via Salisbury, however I was wondering if a diversion via Eastleigh and Romsey would be a valid route.

So London-Basingstoke-Eastleigh-Romsey-Salisbury-Exeter-Totnes.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

kieron

Established Member
No; you'd need to split your journey at somewhere like Winchester to go that way. You wouldn't have to go that way in both directions with that combination, but you would need to go via Basingstoke.

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Quick question. I am intending to buy an open return London to Totnes. I'm planning to go the West of England route via Salisbury, however I was wondering if a diversion via Eastleigh and Romsey would be a valid route.

So London-Basingstoke-Eastleigh-Romsey-Salisbury-Exeter-Totnes.
Not traceable as a mapped route.

However you could purchase a combination of fares for this journey. You can either work out a suitable combination yourself or alternatively there is one website that will do that for you: TrainSplit v2

If you can travel at off peak times it can be done for £88.70, which is actually slightly cheaper than a through (Super) Off Peak Return which wouldn't be valid for this particular route.

TheNewNo2

Thanks very much, I thought it might be a bit of a stretch. I'll have to come up with some other way to waste time then!

Status
Not open for further replies.