• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

London Transport Museum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom B

Established Member
Any BVE fans who happen to visit may spot something familiar ;).

BVE4 is used to power 4 simulators - 2 95 stock, 1 96 stock and a 38 stock.

The "higher" echelons of society seem to like it:

778134041re6.jpg

As does the ES - they describe it in their review as an "interactive video of a tube tunnel".

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Dennis

Established Member
Great result getting BVE into the LTM and congratulations to all involved.

OOI, are there any credits displayed anywhere or does BVE and the route / train developers remain anonymous?

Tom B

Established Member
There are / will be a link to Mackoy's website and a credit to the Northern/Jubilee route authors, and others involved in the project.

Julian G

Established Member
Are the old simulators still at the LTM?
I remember there was one of the first 'tube' train and the '62 TS

Tom B

Established Member
Nope, they have been removed. The two 62ts are in storage, the CSLR loco is I believe in storage, and the 38ts CAB is reused with a BVE4 sim.

T

Tom

Any chance of that video without the music ... it rather annoyed me when I was watching.

Tom B

Established Member
I should add that the development of these is a continuing process. We have at present the basic functionality, which itself is a significant step above anything previously done. However things like the speedo, side window, whistle are planned for addition at a later date.

Ilove165's

Had a go on the northern line one because the jubilee was busted :( might go back soon when it's fixed :)

jubilee

I've got the northern line at home i was expecting the jubilee line at the ltm does anyone know why it aint working?
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
For some reason it is the design of the jubilee line 1996 stock but a northern line simulator.

T

Tom

Yes - the Jubilee Line has problems and won't be running until a replacement of hardware is put in the simulator...

jubilee

I am planning to go again soon only if the jubilee line is working because it was a great disapointment because i went there because of that. I came all the way down from queensbury (on the jubilee line) to central london to have a go on it and i find the northern line:sad:.

Tom B

Established Member
Unfortunately it can't be helped, I am trying to find out when the hardware will be upgraded.

All the way? Try Edinburgh to London...

jubilee

Even though there is no jubilee line i enjoyed myself and i will also go again during the christmas holidays.

Tom B

Established Member
Please stop dragging up old threads and adding little or no value to them.

NathanPrior

I went there to drive the Jubile Line but of course there had to be a family of 5 and every single one of them wanted a go. Then i went on the ones next to it, and after finally reaslising how to stop after going sailing trough a station come to a stop, if only it tells you how to reverse the things. So i go back to look at the Jubilee Line one and see a fat man on it so i went off, and came back 10 mins later to find he was still on it. So all in all i drove a train for about a minute.

Tom B

Established Member
The reverse function has been disabled. You should drive to the next station.

The Jubilee was up as well as Northern, but it looks as if i got the Northern Line.

Sorry for the late response, I've been doing exams and wasnt really frequenthing this forum.

I dont really get what you saying. I want to know if the nice full size mock up cab was showing the Jubilee or Northern Line? The Jubilee Line is fully photoreal with Platform edge doors at stations whilst the Northern Line uses mostly hand drawn textures and the platform doesnt have platform edge doors.

It is important that I know what the museum is currently showing. They took the route and haven't been talking to us for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.