• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

London Travelcard all zones

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cundy66

Wanting to take my little to London tomorrow (he loves his trains) I'm wanting to take him on a variety and make a day of traveling trains and tube, obviously the overground is valid but is national rail in London zones included, ie Southeastern high speed between STP and Stratford international wanting to show him the Eurostar pass through and take him on the javelin if it is included.

Thanks

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

tractakid

Not valid on Southeastern between those 2 stations, however you can use the DLR to get there if you want to just go there to observe.

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Southeastern high speed is NOT included, sorry!

There is a ridiculously cheap ticket which can be used on HS1 though....;)

PermitToTravel

Established Member
All other National Rail is included though, apart from Heathrow Connect between Hayes and Heathrow or any of Heathrow Express or Southeastern Highspeed

Cundy66

Thanks I've checked out the price for a single and with railcard £3.95 I think I can pay it out to take him on it.

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Thanks I've checked out the price for a single and with railcard £3.95 I think I can pay it out to take him on it.
ok, but with a Railcard you can get over 3 hours on a Southeastern High Speed service for less than that:lol:

Details via PM (not on here because Mr Boden and chums don't want us travelling on their shiny new trains for peanuts!) ;)

CatfordCat

May be stating the obvious (although a fair few people do think otherwise) London Buses are also covered on Travelcard - as is the DLR and the Croydon Tramlink

Hadders

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
The DLR from Stratford International is always a god one for little ones - you're practically guaranteed to get the front seats.

You could go to Royal Victoria and if you've got a head for heights get the Emirates Airline 'Dangleway'. It's £3.40 if you'e got a Travelcard, under 5's free. You're sure to get a pod to yourselves as well.

Cundy66

ok, but with a Railcard you can get over 3 hours on a Southeastern High Speed service for less than that:lol:

Details via PM (not on here because Mr Boden and chums don't want us travelling on their shiny new trains for peanuts!) ;)

Hi yorkie yes I got that, unfortunately that one would have to wait until next month as I don't have that time tomorrow, I've got a training evening tomorrow so need to be back in Bedford before 1700 but next month trips will be no issue as I can plan better. ;)
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
The DLR from Stratford International is always a god one for little ones - you're practically guaranteed to get the front seats.

You could go to Royal Victoria and if you've got a head for heights get the Emirates Airline 'Dangleway'. It's £3.40 if you'e got a Travelcard, under 5's free. You're sure to get a pod to yourselves as well.

Actually that is a must for him, thanks for that as I want to do loads with him tomorrow

Hadders

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
Another good one to follow the 'Dangleway' is to get the Thames Clipper River Bus from North Greenwich back to central London.

A single with a Travelcard is £4.75, under 5's free. It runs every 20 minutes and takes about 30 minutes to London Bridge, 50 minutes to the London Eye.

Established Member
yorkie:2087569 said:
Southeastern high speed is NOT included, sorry!

There is a ridiculously cheap ticket which can be used on HS1 though....;)
which is...
I'm actually planning a SE bash with northernpacer as well! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.