• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

London Trip 21-04-06

Status
Not open for further replies.

16CSVT2700

Established Member
My day started at Slough where I caught the 0924 service to London Paddington. On the way to Paddington on 166213+1651xx I texted Craig and Sprinter to sort out meeting points. When I got to Paddington I took a few phots and got waved at by a pair of nice lady drivers taking 360204 to Heathrow Terminal 4.

From Paddington I took the Circle line to Euston Square where I walked over to Euston station and met Sprinter. We noted some Pendolinos and I photted a bit then we headed over by bus to King's Cross where we number crunched and photted some GNER/First Capital Connect trains while waiting for Craig. After finally finding him after he arrived on an HST (43117 and 43096) from Edinburgh.

From Kings Cross we headed to Euston again and boarded 321425 Silver Service to Harrow & Wealdstone. While passing Wembley we saw brand new 185104, 90039, 92007, 66247/142/179, 87007 and DVT 82101 101 Squadron. We also saw 86501 on a freightliner heading slowly north. At Harrow we saw the usual Cl.321s, Cl.313s on the DC lines, Cl.390 Pendolinos and Cl.350 Desiros. We also saw 86501 again which caught up with us and 57010 on a southbound freightliner.

We then caught Southern 377211 to Clapham Junction but got delayed because of a signalling failure so we had to be guided through the bad section. At Clapham Junction we caught 66621 on an aggregates train stopped at the signal ready to go towards Staines. We boarded 442403 The New Forest and travelled to Waterloo where we caught the Bakerloo to Oxford Circus then the Victoria line to Kings Cross.

At Kings Cross Craig left us on a Mk4 set to the north so myself and Sprinter headed to Finsbury Park on 365539+523. There we saw more 365s than you could shake a stick at, 91116/121/119, 43106/095/039/108 and a load of 313s. From Finsbury Park we caught the Victoria again, this time to Walthamstow Central. On arrival we caught the 48 bus to Temple Mills where we alighted and walked to where stored 37694 and a wagon were stabled and I photted it for my records.

We also walked down the road to score off the stored shunters and see what was in the other side of the depot which happened to be the newly repainted EWS 08 and 66072 (although I cant remember exactly which one it was?).

We then met up with Sam and joked a bit then walked to Leyton tube station to get the Central line to Stratford. At Stratford we saw 90012 and 360110+106 and then caught 90004 to Liverpool Street. At Liverpool Street Sam left us and we headed to Fenchurch Street on the Circle line.
From Fenchurch Street we took 357005 to Rainham (the original plan was Dagenham Dock but it was dead there). On the way there and back we saw, 66162/149/014, FM Rail 86212, 47832 and 73107 at West Ham depot, 47811 at Dagenham and a few more 357s.

We were then stuck at Rainham on a bleak and dreary day for about half an hour before being able to head back to Fenchurch Street. Nice. On the way back Sprinter left me at Barking and headed home while I carried on to Fenchurch Street. On arrival I walked to Tower Hill tube and caught a District line tube to Embankment where I changed for the Bakerloo line to Paddington.

At Paddington I noted Tom's pet HST power car 43030 Christian Lewis Trust in platform 1 so I phoned Tom and told him. I then took a pair of night shots before videoing it leave for the West. Not long after the empty sleeper stock came in at about 2130 being hauled by 57605 Totnes Castle with 57604 Pendennis Castle on the rear. I took some night shots of both locomotives before catching the 2150 service to Reading where I alighted at Slough and headed home.

Overall a very enjoyable, although extremely tiring(!) day.. I felt tired yet refreshed and proud of the photos and videos I took.

Special thanks to Sprinter, Craig and Sam for coming out and meeting me, although Craig had about 3 hours sleep the night before!! My photos and a big movie made of my video clips will be uploaded as soon as I get round to it!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Sprinter

Apologies for the long wait at Rainham, before the new timetable came out in December it was possible to get off a Grays bound train at Rainham, walk over the footbridge and board the train back to London. However in the new timetable the London trains depart a few minutes earlier, hence a 28 minute wait at Rainham! Should of checked the new timetable more carefully for these minor changes!

Although the new timetable does have it's advantages, as it now connects with the NLL at Barking slightly better (the ex Grays trains used to miss the connection by two minutes). Although it means a mad dash right along the footbridge as there is now just a one minute connection between the two trains!

The re-liveried 08 was 08933 and the shed at Temple Mills 66076.

Craig

Established Member
50149 said:
we headed over by bus to King's Cross where we number crunched and photted some GNER/First Capital Connect trains while waiting for Craig. After finally finding him after he arrived on an HST (43117 and 43096) from Inverness.
It was 1E03 (07:00 from Edinburgh). I would have arrived on the HST that was sat in the opposite platform at KX, but it pulled out of Newcastle just as I was arriving.

50149 said:
although Craig had about 3 hours sleep the night before!!
Three and a half actually :lol: If I hadn't been so tired, I would have probably stayed a bit longer.

16CSVT2700

Established Member
No problem sprinter old chap! 66076 was also at Acton in the morning!

Must remember what trains people are on next time :lol: and no probs craig I had about 6 hours sleep as well :roll:

T

Tom

Sounds quite clever to me... must be an extension somewhere I've missed.

16CSVT2700

Established Member
huh.. hang on let me check my map
Edited (by doublepost prevention system):
:roll:

Fine you dirty tube neds we got the bakerloo to Oxford Circus THEN the Vicky line to KGXSTP!

:roll: :lol:

(leave me alone I was tired when I wrote it up!!!)

Sprog

Established Member
50149 said:
Fine you dirty tube neds we got the bakerloo to Oxford Circus THEN the Vicky line to KGXSTP!

:roll: :lol:

(leave me alone I was tired when I wrote it up!!!)

HAHA

Tube Neds! : :thumblef: :lol: *points and laughs* :lol:

Doesnt have the same ring as DIRTY NEDZ though ;) evil3:

Sam

Ok lads, Well done for knowing the Lunderground system...

Sounds like a great day Jamie

Status
Not open for further replies.