• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

London Underground and DLR Zones ticket but only on National Rail

Status
Not open for further replies.

island

Veteran Member
As part of an outing I have planned next month to hopefully get on one of the final EMR HST runs, I have booked advance tickets to/from Market Harborough and from/to my local Southeastern station, in each direction using Thameslink between London Bridge and St. Pancras. The journey is entirely on National Rail.

I found the 1st advance fares on National Rail enquiries, but clicking through to EMR, and then GWR caused an error and replanning the journey only offered standard advance or 1st flexible tickets. Southeastern did offer to sell the tickets, but I now see the tickets issued are from London underground and DLR zones 1-3 (ZONE U123* LONDN in old money). I would have expected tickets from my named starting station with the + cross-London marker.

I understood that this type of ticket isn’t valid on National Rail for the London zones part of the trip, so I’m curious as to why it has been sold. I don’t have any concerns about using it, as I have an emailed itinerary from Southeastern which I will follow, and I will only encounter ticket barriers at St. Pancras.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

JonathanH

Veteran Member
Are there even through first class advance fares from Market Harborough to your local Southeastern station?

It seems that NRE was offering the 'Underground' fare in the first instance.

Last edited:

paul1609

Established Member
U1 tickets including those issued by national rail are valid on Thameslink from London Bridge/Elephant & C to West Hampstead so I wouldnt imagine you will encounter any difficulty.

Status
Not open for further replies.