• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

London Underground stock requests

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
186 didn’t form part of the AM service today, if I remember I’ll check back in a few hours for the PM service.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Tony Mason

Thanks,looks like another visit to London soon this set seems to be out of service alot.
I have had 4 sessions at Acton Town for a couple of hours each time just needing this one set!

Peter Mugridge

Veteran Member
Thanks,looks like another visit to London soon this set seems to be out of service alot.
I have had 4 sessions at Acton Town for a couple of hours each time just needing this one set!

Is it for sight or for haulage? If it's for haulage, wouldn't you be better off waiting at one of the island platform layout stations in the central London part of the line, roughly at the half way mark between the ends of the line?

Tony Mason

It is just for sight,could you suggest a central London station where you can see both directions
Thanks

Peter Mugridge

Veteran Member
It is just for sight,could you suggest a central London station where you can see both directions
Thanks

Any of the island platform layout stations in the central area would do, but personally if it was me I'd use the London end of White City if it's just for sight. Open air, but well sheltered and everything will go through there. Some trains terminate and head back, hence my recommending the London end of the platforms.

Peter Mugridge

Veteran Member
Not sure that would help Tony Mason’s request to find Piccadilly 1973 Stock 186.
Oops, sorry - you're right; for some reason I was thinking of the Central!!!:oops::oops::oops::oops::oops:

Err... @Tony Mason For Piccadilly for sight, if not wanting to be in the tunnels, try Baron's Court - nearest open air bit to the middle, less crowded than Hammersmith so a good chance of sitting down. Still has high back solid benches, so fairly well sheltered from the wind.

Tony Mason

Thanks,will try Baron's Court on my next London visit & possibly check if there's any information of it being in service on the day I go

Peter Mugridge

Veteran Member
I have an unexpected couple of hours to spare... Is anyone aware if Met Line 21039/40 is out please?

SeaKing

Jubilee Line. units 96016, 96022, 96108. Are they all available for service as will be spending time at West Hampstead on Friday to see if i can clear them.

Tony Mason

186 didn’t form part of the AM service today, if I remember I’ll check back in a few hours for the PM service.
Hello
Just off to London yet again after the elusive 186/586/386 .
Would it be possible to confirm if this set is in service today any help would be very much appreciated

notverydeep

Hello
Just off to London yet again after the elusive 186/586/386 .
Would it be possible to confirm if this set is in service today any help would be very much appreciated

186 appears to be on train 233 today 4 March. This stables at Cockfosters at 20:58, assuming it is not reformed.

Jubilee Line. units 96016, 96022, 96108. Are they all available for service as will be spending time at West Hampstead on Friday to see if i can clear them.

Sorry this is late, but 96016 is out today. It started on train 365, but now reformed to 356 which stables at Stratford at 01:13 unless further reformed. No sign of the other two today though...

SeaKing

Sorry this is late, but 96016 is out today. It started on train 365, but now reformed to 356 which stables at Stratford at 01:13 unless further reformed. No sign of the other two today though...[/QUOTE]
Managed to catch up with 96022 on friday spent 90mins at West Hampstead until everything started reappearing. 2 to chase next time.

Tony Mason

186 appears to be on train 233 today 4 March. This stables at Cockfosters at 20:58, assuming it is not reformed.

Sorry this is late, but 96016 is out today. It started on train 365, but now reformed to 356 which stables at Stratford at 01:13 unless further reformed. No sign of the other two today though...

I had to leave London early so missed 186 many thanks for your reply,I will get the set one day!

Tony Mason

Thanks,will try Baron's Court on my next London visit & possibly check if there's any information of it being in service on the day I go

Off to London this Wednesday including a couple of hours to try & see 186/586/386 any confirmation the set is running would be much appreciated as this is my 4th attempt totry & see my last tube set

Techniquest

Veteran Member
I understand that the project to restore 91341 to service is making progress, but still a fair way from finished - still expected to be later this year though.

Well this thread was a surprise find, I didn't see it until today somehow.

What's going on with 91341? I just checked my notes and I see I have it down as required for both sight and haulage.

I am close to finishing my S7s so I might well have to ask for a cheeky bit of gen when I next visit London. Going to be a fair while yet, as there is Manchester this week and a proposed visit to West Yorkshire in the coming weeks too.

mark_47769

Hello all does anybody know if Bakerloo Line 3246 is currently operational at the moment its my last one for haulage. I've tried to find it on several occasions is it just a case of me being unlucky or is it currently out of use? Any information on recent sightings would be a great help. I will be back in London 15th of June so if its serviceable I will have another try! Thanks in advance.

Peter Mugridge

Veteran Member
I understand that the project to restore 91341 to service is making progress, but still a fair way from finished - still expected to be later this year though.
Thank you. Perhaps I should concentrate on snapping my few required 1973 Stock DMs first, then...

Obviously now the weather has finally warmed up, I am looking at things that might require a bit of standing around to get...

notverydeep

Hello all does anybody know if Bakerloo Line 3246 is currently operational at the moment its my last one for haulage. I've tried to find it on several occasions is it just a case of me being unlucky or is it currently out of use? Any information on recent sightings would be a great help. I will be back in London 15th of June so if its serviceable I will have another try! Thanks in advance.

3246 is working Train 236 today...

Well this thread was a surprise find, I didn't see it until today somehow.

What's going on with 91341? I just checked my notes and I see I have it down as required for both sight and haulage.

As far as I understand 91341 had some specific prototype modifications some years ago, that were not applied across the rest of the fleet, but were not reversed on 91341 making it somewhat non standard. At some point its cab was decommissioned and some of the equipment removed, so 91341 was relegated to use only as an inside unit (as if it were a non cab unit). This was possible as the 1992 stock fleet had 5 more cab cars than are needed for 85 eight car trains (each of which are 4 two car units), so 5 of the trains would usually have one (or very occasionally two) inner cabs. At some point other equipment was removed and 91341 became a 'long term stopped' unit (possibly as long ago as 2016).

The timetable will change next year to allow for trains to be taken out of service for fitting AC traction and this timetable will require more leading cabs to be available. Hence the project to refit the missing equipment and return 91341 to service with an active cab. Some of the missing components are presumably 1990s electronics that now have to be manufactured as one off bespoke items and hence have (very) long lead times.

Last edited:

mark_47769

3246 is working Train 236 today...

As far as I understand 91341 had some specific prototype modifications some years ago, that were not applied across the rest of the fleet, but were not reversed on 91341 making it somewhat non standard. At some point its cab was decommissioned and some of the equipment removed, so 91341 was relegated to use only as an inside unit (as if it were a non cab unit). This was possible as the 1992 stock fleet had 5 more cab cars than are needed for 85 eight car trains (each of which are 4 two car units), so 5 of the trains would usually have one (or very occasionally two) inner cabs. At some point other equipment was removed and 91341 became a 'long term stopped' unit (possibly as long ago as 2016).

The timetable will change next year to allow for trains to be taken out of service for fitting AC traction and this timetable will require more leading cabs to be available. Hence the project to refit the missing equipment and return 91341 to service with an active cab. Some of the missing components are presumably 1990s electronics that now have to be manufactured as one off bespoke items and hence have (very) long lead times.
Brilliant thank you.

notverydeep

Is Jubilee line 96108 in traffic as not seen on my last 3 visits.

96108 is working train 356 so far to day. It is on its way to Stratford and assuming it isn't reformed (in other words it sticks to its diagram) it will then form the 1443 departure to Stanmore, 1548 back to Stratford, 1651 to Wembley Park, 1755 to Stratford, 1846 to Stanmore, 1955 to Stratford, 2055 to Stanmore, 2200 to Stratford, 2304 to Stanmore then empty to Neasden and stable...

SeaKing

96108 is working train 356 so far to day. It is on its way to Stratford and assuming it isn't reformed (in other words it sticks to its diagram) it will then form the 1443 departure to Stanmore, 1548 back to Stratford, 1651 to Wembley Park, 1755 to Stratford, 1846 to Stanmore, 1955 to Stratford, 2055 to Stanmore, 2200 to Stratford, 2304 to Stanmore then empty to Neasden and stable...
Many thanks for that at least i can go hunting again in a few weeks.

Peter Mugridge

Veteran Member
If anyone has the information tomorrow morning ( Monday 17th ) please, I would be interested if the following Piccadilly Line DMs are available for photo... they are all double cab units, so I would be looking for them to be in the "outer" position:

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
With 220 on 315.

With 120 on 324.

With 140 on 234.