• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

London Underground Working Timetables

Status
Not open for further replies.

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
http://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/wtts_for_london_underground_line#incoming-257325

Bak38.pdf Bakerloo Line
2.7M Download View as HTML
Cen 66.pdf Central Line
3.9M Download View as HTML
Cnh27.pdf Circle Line & Hammersmith & City Line
3.0M Download View as HTML
Dist141.pdf District Line
3.7M Download View as HTML

Jub11.pdf Jubilee Line
3.7M Download View as HTML
Pic48.pdf Piccadilly Line
3.5M Download View as HTML
Met331.pdf Metropolitan Line
3.0M Download View as HTML
Nor53.pdf Northern Line
4.2M Download View as HTML
Vic33.pdf Victoria Line
2.1M Download View as HTML
W C5.pdf Waterloo & City Line
427K Download View as HTML

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

jopsuk

Veteran Member
Some interesting stuff in the Notes. Noteworthy that the Circle and H&C are actually being run as separate operations for now pending S7 introduction on the H&C initially.

Hell, interesting that they did such a big data dump from a simple request. To be applauded.

trentside

Established Member
Fares Advisor
I know they've previously released WTTs in paper form to FOI requests, but this is the first time I've come across them released in electronic form. Certainly interesting stuff.

tom1649

Thanks very much for providing the links to these working timetables. They are very interesting.

district

Thanks yorkie, very interesting. Shame LUL couldn't keep some sort of public repository for them!

districtline

The public do not need access to this information. There is no need for them to know the exact trains as London Underground works on a turn up and go basis where there is a train every few minutes.

Last edited:

jopsuk

Veteran Member
True- but equally, as demonstrated, there is curiosity in this, and it has clearly been assessed that there is no security/commerical/etc reason NOT to put this in the public domain.

ralphchadkirk

Established Member
The public do not need access to this information. There is no need for them to know the exact trains as London Underground works on a turn up and go basis where there is a train every few minutes.

London Underground obviously think otherwise.

Dstock7080

Established Member
London Underground obviously think otherwise.
This recent revelation of information is due the a FOi request by an individual, who has decided to post this information online.

The front cover of WTTs, TTNs and other internal documents are clearly marked "For staff use only" or " not for publication", LUs policy has not changed.

tom1649

If they were considered to be secretive they wouldn't be released via a FOi request though would they?

Dstock7080

Established Member
The key phrase from TfL in the link at the top of the page is:

"Please note that while access to this material will be provided to you under the Freedom of Information Act 2000, you are not granted any rights to any of the intellectual property that exists in it or granted any permission to make secondary uses of it.

TfL owns all intellectual property (including, without limitation,
copyright) in the material supplied and will defend such rights."

Last edited:

district

There is also no 'need' for chocolate biscuits, but I still want them and they do me no harm.

tom1649

Let's sit back and wait while TfL appears to defend its intellectual property rights then. Bring it on! I'm quite looking forward to it.

I don't think a few LUL enthusiasts are going to cause any harm while armed with the working timetable.

districtline

There is also no 'need' for chocolate biscuits, but I still want them and they do me no harm.
Wanting something does not entitle you to have it. In the case of London Underground working timetables these are private and not for the public.

ralphchadkirk

Established Member
This recent revelation of information is due the a FOi request by an individual, who has decided to post this information online.

The front cover of WTTs, TTNs and other internal documents are clearly marked "For staff use only" or " not for publication", LUs policy has not changed.

No. Whatdotheyknow is a very well known site that keeps FOI requests public. They will have known that any reply with attachments will be public else they would have posted them.

I find it amusing that LUL employees are protesting that they are confidential when their employer evidently disagrees.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

jopsuk

Veteran Member
Quite. The people at TfL who deal with FoI requests will be well aware of whatdotheyknow and will know that the request was routed through there.

What one would not be allowed to however is use the data to, for example, build a publicly available travel planner.

Mutant Lemming

Established Member
One of the reasons staff were not keen on Working Timetables being in the public realm was down to them having the paths of staff trains in them. There would also be security issues regarding trains booked to carry lost property and ticket hampers. With the hamper system long gone and there being virtually no staff trains neither of them should be issues these days.

rmt-driver

Hardly. Many LUL stations offer a less frequent service than at nearby NR stations- which have timetables and departure screens to show information.

Take a LUL station with a ten minute frequency. No timetable on display, NO departure screens or boards. One train is cancelled, according to LUL its no problem and repetitive 'good service' announcements are piped out.

Passenger arrives 1 minute after a train leaves (as they do not know WHAT time the trains leave), and has a 19 minute wait to endure with no information, or idea how long they will have to wait!

Its rather pathetic

Daniel

Established Member
rmt-driver, whilst I do agree with you with regards to LUL not having timetables on display, I thought we did have departure boards..?

tom1649

rmt-driver, whilst I do agree with you with regards to LUL not having timetables on display, I thought we did have departure boards..?

There are certainly quite a few stations with departure boards which don't work though. I was at Pinner recently and all we got was 'Southbound Metropolitan Line'.

rmt-driver

Many Many Many stations have NO departure boards, or they don't display anything useful except the time (most people have watches or phones these days anyway).

Such examples:

Chiswick Park

Wood Lane

West Kensington

Ealing Broadway (p7-9)

Wimbledon Park, Southfields & East Putney down platforms

Many many many many more.... I could go on!

Status
Not open for further replies.