• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

London - Weymouth is now known as the SWML!

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Tom

Apparently, according to Wikipedia, I should now call my local line the South Western Main Line! Well, if so, I've covered it all!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

T

Tom

It's pretty decent, it's quite short compared to the WCML, ECML, etc. It's my local line too! :P

trc666

My first post here!

I have done the whole route from London Waterloo to Weymouth and return, last time being on the Seaside Slammer with 3417 and 1497 on the 18th June. Anybody know if there will be another attempt at breaking the London-Weymouth non-stop record of 1hr 59m 24s? I'd love to go on it! Maybe they should do it in an HST or a Voyager, something like that.

Julian G

Established Member
trc666 said:
My first post here!

I have done the whole route from London Waterloo to Weymouth and return, last time being on the Seaside Slammer with 3417 and 1497 on the 18th June. Anybody know if there will be another attempt at breaking the London-Weymouth non-stop record of 1hr 59m 24s? I'd love to go on it! Maybe they should do it in an HST or a Voyager, something like that.
normally Wessexs do Winchester-London Waterloo non=stop in the rush hour :shock: :shock: :shock:
wessie trash!! :)

Coxster

Established Member
1288gaje said:
normally Wessexs do Winchester-London Waterloo non=stop in the rush hour :shock: :shock: :shock:
wessie trash!! :)
Peak hour trains tend to call at Woking.

Julian G

Established Member
some goes stupidly like
Basingstoke-Farnborough-Clapham Junction
Basingstoke-Clapham Junction
Basingstoke-Woking-Clapham Junction

Harold

Jim said:
I call it the "WESSIE LINE"

"Wessie or Wessex" line sounds suitable for the London to Weymouth Route. Calling it the "london and south western railway" just doesn't seem right despite the fact thats what it's proper name is

HBA135

Julian G

Established Member
HBA135 said:
Jim said:
I call it the "WESSIE LINE"

"Wessie or Wessex" line sounds suitable for the London to Weymouth Route. Calling it the "london and south western railway" just doesn't seem right despite the fact thats what it's proper name is

HBA135
it seems to have good names :)
Pompey line
Wessie line <D :P

Jim

Established Member
Wessie, because of the stock. Like I nickname Desiro's; Dessie.

"Dad can we go on the dessie Line today:?:"

Julian G

Established Member
Jim said:
Wessie, because of the stock. Like I nickname Desiro's; Dessie.

"Dad can we go on the dessie Line today:?:"
"are we going on the turbo line" Eastleigh-Romsey
"erm, i want to go on the sprint line!!!" Exeter line
"i want to go on the "JOP-PER" line ;)

JN114

Established Member
noo the A/C won't cope!!!

i've had bad travels on 444s and A/C

Status
Not open for further replies.