• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

London yesterday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smethwickian

Purely from a passenger perspective, I would just like to say well done to all the Bus, Tube and DLR staff I saw during my travels during the main London Marathon period yesterday for doing their best to ensure people continued to move, safely, through the system as efficiently as possible.

I travelled with elderly parents in tow from central London out to Canary Wharf - to cheer on my brother at two points - and back towards the finish area, so encountered various busy spots, to say the least.

Yes, it was of course crowded, there was a lot of shuffling steadily along corridors, and things were a bit of a squeeze on board to say the least. But everyone was in good spirits, no-one grumbled, and the legions of staff on hand were clearly putting in place well-rehearsed measures to ensure everything was as safe as possible.

Of course, others may have encountered problems elsewhere, but I can only speak as I find, and I found the system coping well.

Status
Not open for further replies.