• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

London York Super Off Peak Online Single

Status
Not open for further replies.

prd101

Would anyone have any ideas how to purchase the £59.85 online super saver single fare either way between York an London, but individually?

Via LNER (app and website), the fare only seem to be available as a single component of a return journey. If a single journey is searched for, only a £118.70 fare is visible

Am I missing something? Any ideas appreiated

Peter

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

alistairlees

Established Member
Would anyone have any ideas how to purchase the £59.85 online super saver single fare either way between York an London, but individually?

Via LNER (app and website), the fare only seem to be available as a single component of a return journey. If a single journey is searched for, only a £118.70 fare is visible

Am I missing something? Any ideas appreiated

Peter
You can only buy it as part of a return journey. For example, combined with an Advance in the other direction.

prd101

You can only buy it as part of a return journey. For example, combined with an Advance in the other direction.
thank you, i suspected as much. I'm sure i've purchased it seperately before, maybe it's a new-ish restrition

Watershed

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
The £118.70 Super Off-Peak Single used to be sold at half price by LNER's website, even for single journeys, due to it being poorly specified and designed.

Eventually they got managed to fix it, and therefore you can no longer book a single journey at half price.

You can still get half price if you buy a throwaway Advance in the opposite direction.

Mcr Warrior

Veteran Member
Is this a bit like the one time Virgin Trains "half saver" product?

Wallsendmag

Established Member
If you find out let me know ;)

The £118.70 Super Off-Peak Single used to be sold at half price by LNER's website, even for single journeys, due to it being poorly specified and designed.

Eventually they got managed to fix it, and therefore you can no longer book a single journey at half price.

You can still get half price if you buy a throwaway Advance in the opposite direction.
You may think that, I couldn't possibly comment.

route101

Established Member
Used to use a ticket on the WCML too. Glasgow to Preston Advance but the return was an off peak single at half a return.

Hadders

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
I thought York to London was part of the LNER simplification single leg pricing trial. Seems not but Leeds to London is.

Leeds to London is available as a Super Off Peak Single for £61.00.
Leeds to London is valid via York (and LNER's website will sell a ticket routed that way so you can obtain seat reservations). So buy a Leeds to London Super Off Peak Single and start short at York.

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
That's exactly what I meant, but I was just being oblique about it given the post above :p
Ah yes I see, @prd101 will be travelling from Leeds and changing at York ;)

I don't normally like to give away loopholes where the relevant company will see it so readily but to be honest there is nothing LNER can do about it; it's a trial and they know people can buy a different product to the intended one.

Starmill

Veteran Member
I thought York to London was part of the LNER simplification single leg pricing trial.
I just assumed they wanted people going to places like Wakefield and York to pay double for no reason. Sounds like good business to me!

Wallsendmag

Established Member
Ah yes I see, @prd101 will be travelling from Leeds and changing at York ;)

I don't normally like to give away loopholes where the relevant company will see it so readily but to be honest there is nothing LNER can do about it; it's a trial and they know people can buy a different product to the intended one.
Don’t worry we pointed this out pre launch

Status
Not open for further replies.