• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Long distance and toilet facilities

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bletchleyite

Veteran Member
I initially thought the same too, but it has-resulted in a massive increase in unsocial activities in them including blockage of toilets (including urinals) with drug paraphernalia which results in closures for the public. I do wonder if some sort of middle ground with some sort of charging and more visible attendants might be needed long term?

Putting them inside ticket barriers so they are free to ticket holders seems to be the obvious answer to me.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

yorksrob

Veteran Member
I initially thought the same too, but it has-resulted in a massive increase in unsocial activities in them including blockage of toilets (including urinals) with drug paraphernalia which results in closures for the public. I do wonder if some sort of middle ground with some sort of charging and more visible attendants might be needed long term?

Funnily enough, I was at London Victoria recently and these problems weren't evident when I was there. Perhaps the key is to maintain enough of a staff presence to put off the anti-socials.

Bletchleyite

Veteran Member
Funnily enough, I was at London Victoria recently and these problems weren't evident when I was there. Perhaps the key is to maintain enough of a staff presence to put off the anti-socials.

True, though that costs money hence charges. FWIW, the ones at Charing Cross feel downright unsafe.

Status
Not open for further replies.