• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Long Haul started from Doncaster

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

This is the first flight from Robin Hood Doncaster Sheffield where the flight is actually longer than the airport name!

AJP

:lol:

Doncaster Sheffield robinhood finningley International airport

(Im surpirised they never added Finningley they might as well) :lol:

Guinness

Established Member
AJP said:
767's mate ;) My mum was doing checks on them.

Depends on whether the tickets sell like hotcakes or not. Fuel Prices these days etc.

What's your mum do then?

Jordy

Established Member
I thought this thread said 'Load Haul', got rather excited for a moment! :( ;)

Jordy

Tom B

Established Member
Just call it "Finningley"... as someone quipped once.... t'names longer than t'runway!

(The runway is very long BTW ;) I thikn one of the longest in the country or something?)

It's a good 8000ft if my memory serves me correctly (about 2500m).

Actually, the AIP just calls it Doncaster Sheffield, except where refering to the owning/operating company and the callsign is simply 'Doncaster' - like it should be for the name... The stated runway length is 2893 x 60m (9491 x 197ft).

The airport is equipped with a CAT I ILS only - so god help them when the mist descends thick and fast! Love to see a 767 autoland on CAT I ILS with a 15 second switchover time to UPS if the power fails...

Long runway it maybe, all weather operations it certainly is not.

Gareth Hale

A Boeing 757 would be fine if they all had PTV's. A transatlantic flight with no PTV's is highly boring. Just imagen sitting in 1 seat with 1 copy of Rail Magazine for 9 hours, and its dark outside but your not tired or you can't sleep. I prefer to fly from Heathrow for the 777's and the PTV's. Although modern travelers today have the Video Ipod, P-DVD players and MP3 Players.

Key
PTV's = Personal Television
P-DVD = Personal [SIZE=-1]Digital Versatile Disc Player
MP3 = [/SIZE][SIZE=-1]MPEG Audio Layer III Player.
[/SIZE]

Tom B

Established Member
Buy a good book or two... why do people seem to think that TV is the only thing which can keep you interested for hours?

Status
Not open for further replies.