• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Longest Journey

Status
Not open for further replies.

The person who's floor it is will name a type of rolling stock.
The next person will name the longest journey that they have ever been used on.
Any stock introduced post BR is allowed.
Any confusion don't hesitate to PM me.

I'll start with the class 170.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

I think that is correct actually. I was thinking Kings Cross to Hull. Anyway It's your floor.

gnolife

Established Member
Calder Valley (Selby - Leeds - Bradford Int - Hebden Bridge - Man Victoria)?

did they ever go on Man Airpt - Skegness runs?

Robinson

Heart of Wales line?

Stab in the dark, I'm not actually sure whether it's longer than Gloucester-Weymouth.

Last edited:

martinsh

Established Member
Heart of Wales line?

Stab in the dark, I'm not actually sure whether it's longer than Gloucester-Weymouth.

One train per day on HoW line is extended from Swansea to Cardiff, to I suspect that might win it. [ NB definitely been on a class 153 on that departure - though not all the way thankfully ! ]

Welshman

Established Member
Calder Valley (Selby - Leeds - Bradford Int - Hebden Bridge - Man Victoria)?

did they ever go on Man Airpt - Skegness runs?

They did - Central Trains of old used them on this route.
Manchester Airport -Crewe, then all stops to Skeggy!
This was the one I was thinking of, as I had the misfortune to travel on one the whole way, once.
170.25 miles. I still have nightmares!

I make HOW Shrewsbury-Cardiff to be 168.75miles, so Manchester Airport-Skegness is just longer!

However, Bristol Parkway to Penzance would be longer still. Did they work regularly on this service, or was it a one-off? If they did, 150222 will be the winner. If not, I think gnolife has it.

Last edited:

They did - Central Trains of old used them on this route.
Manchester Airport -Crewe, then all stops to Skeggy!
This was the one I was thinking of, as I had the misfortune to travel on one the whole way, once.
170.25 miles. I still have nightmares!

I make HOW Shrewsbury-Cardiff to be 168.75miles, so Manchester Airport-Skegness is just longer!

However, Bristol Parkway to Penzance would be longer still. Did they work regularly on this service, or was it a one-off? If they did, 150222 will be the winner. If not, I think gnolife has it.

Yes they operated in pairs on the service before 150/2's were allocated.

Class 142.

richw

Veteran Member

Pretty sure they only operated bpw to pnz in tandem with 150s.
All summer this year btm to pnz was formed of 153 + 150

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk

I think 175's do it now. Under FNW the conwy valley line was operated by a mixture of 101's, 142's and 153's and I think they may have been used on Llandudno services as well.

EDIT:You realise we are on class 142 now?

ValleyLines142

Established Member
Yeah it's usually booked for a 175. Although a 158 may often appear and rarely a 150, I highly doubt a 153 though.

Status
Not open for further replies.