• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Longest train journey in Britain?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,
Is the Aberdeen to Penzance cross country service still running, I was aiming to do it in November

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

hexagon789

Veteran Member
Hi all,
Is the Aberdeen to Penzance cross country service still running, I was aiming to do it in November

On checking RTT the 0820 is still listed for weekdays in November but have you tried National Rail Enquiries for specific dates to check yourself?

Established Member
Hi all,
Depending when in November. And it will only be going as far as Plymouth.

On checking RTT the 0820 is still listed for weekdays in November but have you tried National Rail Enquiries for specific dates to check yourself?
RTT hasn't been updated. It will not be running to Penzance.

Established Member
Secondly, CrossCountry have reduced their services and that particular train is only operating between Edinburgh and Plymouth.
Once the line at Carmont reopens it will be running from Aberdeen as it was before the derailment.

Cheers useful info, 2nd week in November, I can't find it on journey planners
Very unlikely to be running from Aberdeen by then.

Ianno87

Veteran Member
Which just goes to show - don't rely 100% on RTT for future dates!

Particularly in the current climate! (And always worth a pinch of salt for future weekends liable to be affected by engineering works)

hexagon789

Veteran Member
Particularly in the current climate! (And always worth a pinch of salt for future weekends liable to be affected by engineering works)

Very true, I was making an assumption based on when it was expected that the line would be re-opened but presumably that's been put back.

And I overlooked the fact that RTT doesn't always show service alterations very far into the future.

Ianno87

Veteran Member
And I overlooked the fact that RTT doesn't always show service alterations very far into the future.

AIUI basically shows them once the amended timetable has been confirmed by Network Rail (normally 12 weeks before, but much less at present with Covid-related timetable changes)

Status
Not open for further replies.