look at that thing

Status
Not open for further replies.

43000

Member
Joined
3 Apr 2006
Messages
62
Location
near the sea of Galilee, Israel
any guess what is the photo i attached down here?

well this is an MK-IIC (according to the site where i found it) with Israeli Rail livery.
in the 70' Israeli Rail bought few coachs like that from British Rail. their part in IR was to serve first class passengers who reserved seat. that beacause their interior was more fancy than the rest of the stock.
all the MK-IIC are not in service anymore.
that's the site if anybody is interested: http://www.railnewsil.com/rolling/coachlist_h_3.html

and somthing else - let me boast a bit.
here are few pics of Israeli Rail class 67 (but it's not calld like that in Israel): http://www.railnewsil.com/rolling/alstomp_pics1.html
 

Attachments

  • MKIIC.JPG
    MKIIC.JPG
    44.4 KB · Views: 51
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

theblackwatch

Established Member
Joined
15 Feb 2006
Messages
10,520
I think I've only seen one pic of the israeli Mk. 2 stock before. 8 TSOs went there back in 1976.
Anyone able to translate that page? ;)
 

43000

Member
Joined
3 Apr 2006
Messages
62
Location
near the sea of Galilee, Israel
theblackwatch said:
I think I've only seen one pic of the israeli Mk. 2 stock before. 8 TSOs went there back in 1976.
Anyone able to translate that page? ;)
i'll translate it for you but i'll do it tomorrow. i'm too tired now.
and our team lost in the final basketball game of the Euroleague.
i promise to do it tomorrow.
Edited (by doublepost prevention system):
theblackwatch said:
I think I've only seen one pic of the israeli Mk. 2 stock before. 8 TSOs went there back in 1976.
Anyone able to translate that page? ;)
i'll translate the page:

above the first picture:"photos of JT42BW loco's"
"all photos by Tal Dekel"
under the first pic: "loco 732 pulls double deck stock"

under the second pic: "loco 743 leads a 'modo' train"

under the third pic: "on Sunday, 4.8.02, 5 new passenger loco's (JT42BW numbers 751-755), which orderd in Spain by IR, were unloaded in Ashdod port. during the week the loco's started their service. in the picture the loco's are seen short time after arriving at Haifa in a special service that departed from Ashdod. number 751 led this service and in the end there is an older loco which joined this train at Haifa."


after i finished - i have noticed that the site has an english version but i can't watch it. try the site and on left top of the page you can choose the language.
here's the site:http://www.railnewsil.com/
 

theblackwatch

Established Member
Joined
15 Feb 2006
Messages
10,520
Many thanks for that, it looks like they've only got round to doing English versions of some of the pages so far.

Is your track gauge over there the same as ours or would the Mk. 2Cs have had to be rebogied when they went across? Any idea if the coaches still exist dumped somewhere?

Sorry for all the questions!!
 

43000

Member
Joined
3 Apr 2006
Messages
62
Location
near the sea of Galilee, Israel
theblackwatch said:
Many thanks for that, it looks like they've only got round to doing English versions of some of the pages so far.

Is your track gauge over there the same as ours or would the Mk. 2Cs have had to be rebogied when they went across? Any idea if the coaches still exist dumped somewhere?

Sorry for all the questions!!

don't forget the GB had mandate in Israel until 1948 so you can see it even today (on this Wednesday its 58 birthday to Israel).
as far as i know the track gauge is the same like the popular track gauge in the world.
according to what i read on the site - all the MKII stock are not in service today but i don't know if exist dumped somewhere. i'll try get this information.
Edited (by doublepost prevention system):
well, i've just talked with the rail museum and they told me that there is only one MKII coach in the museum and the other 7 coaches scrapped (but i don't know when).
i need to talk with the archive guy to see if i can get some photos.
hope to catch him soon
 

theblackwatch

Established Member
Joined
15 Feb 2006
Messages
10,520
Interesting news. Checking the P5 preserved coaching stock book, another Mk. 2 was exported to Israel (in the late 80s/early 90s) with 4 x Mk. 1s for use as part of a restaurant complex by Apropo Ltd in Tel Aviv, but this foundered and the coaches moved away. It could be that it is this coach that is preserved rather than one of the eight originally sent to Israel in the 70s.
 

43000

Member
Joined
3 Apr 2006
Messages
62
Location
near the sea of Galilee, Israel
theblackwatch said:
Interesting news. Checking the P5 preserved coaching stock book, another Mk. 2 was exported to Israel (in the late 80s/early 90s) with 4 x Mk. 1s for use as part of a restaurant complex by Apropo Ltd in Tel Aviv, but this foundered and the coaches moved away. It could be that it is this coach that is preserved rather than one of the eight originally sent to Israel in the 70s.

where you have this information from? what is the 'P5....' ?
well, i don't know so much about rail in Israel (i think i know more about rail in the UK). the rail community in israel is very close and not so nice.
 

theblackwatch

Established Member
Joined
15 Feb 2006
Messages
10,520
The info is from the Platform 5 (P5) book "Preserved Coaching Stock of British Railways; Part 1 - BR Design Stock" which was published back in 1994. Unfortunately, I don't know any more than what is in there.
 

43000

Member
Joined
3 Apr 2006
Messages
62
Location
near the sea of Galilee, Israel
theblackwatch said:
The info is from the Platform 5 (P5) book "Preserved Coaching Stock of British Railways; Part 1 - BR Design Stock" which was published back in 1994. Unfortunately, I don't know any more than what is in there.

well, i wish i could put my hand on this book....
 

theblackwatch

Established Member
Joined
15 Feb 2006
Messages
10,520
43000 said:
well, i wish i could put my hand on this book....

I wouldn't get too excited about it, as it doesn't say much more about the coaches than what I've written on here!
 

43000

Member
Joined
3 Apr 2006
Messages
62
Location
near the sea of Galilee, Israel
theblackwatch said:
I wouldn't get too excited about it, as it doesn't say much more about the coaches than what I've written on here!

yeah, but i m not living in the UK and any piece of information about rolling stock and general information is exciting me. that's the reason why i m searching the net all the time for interesting photos and information.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top