• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Look what just turned up on the Cambrian.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

PHILIPE

Veteran Member
Where is the actual location ? No real double track sections on the Cambrian. Were the locos ERTMS ? Seems a little suspicious to me.

TheEdge

Established Member
Where is the actual location ? No real double track sections on the Cambrian. Were the locos ERTMS ? Seems a little suspicious to me.

Yes, there is. Fairly long sections were installed as part of the ERTMS project between Welshpool and Newtown.

MidnightFlyer

Veteran Member
Yes, there is. Fairly long sections were installed as part of the ERTMS project between Welshpool and Newtown.

The location provided in the description of photo seems to indicate it is just southwest of Welshpool, so that would tie up.

craigybagel

Established Member

It's legit, some colleagues down that way have sent me photos today. It's been causing some disruption too. Presumably since it's a possession no ERTMS is required.

Delays to services between Machynlleth and Shrewsbury
Due to engineering works not being finished on time between Machynlleth and Shrewsbury the line will be blocked. Train services through these stations may be subject to disruption on all routes. Disruption is expected until 12:00 17/01.
Last Updated:17/01/2016 05:48

Last edited:

zoro

The lines here are bi directional. the locos are not ERTMS fitted, but don't need to be when running under an engineers possession, running to a 15 mph speed limit.

Last edited:

Retorus

Seriously? Why on earth would anyone lie about something like this? :lol:

topydre

11:30 from Aberystwyth was 6-cars today. 13:30 to Birmingham Int was shown as cancelled until about 11:30, then became "on time"

Gareth Marston

Established Member
Its at Milepost 35 which is on the double track section between Welshpool and Fron, between Welshpool and the bridge over the Severn at Cilcewydd. The photo is taken from a UWC that is accessed off the A483 Welshpool bypass.

There relaying track between Newtown and Talerddig until March in many places. Coyle Rail are doing it.

PHILIPE

Veteran Member
Seriously? Why on earth would anyone lie about something like this? :lol:

Not accusing of lying but possibly possibly mistaken. There is a difference between the two.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Confirm not mistaken so apology for suggesting same. As mentioned, T3 Occupation entering site at Sutton bridge and ERTMS dispensed with.

zoro

Not accusing of lying but possibly possibly mistaken. There is a difference between the two.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Confirm not mistaken so apology for suggesting same. As mentioned, T3 Occupation entering site at Sutton bridge and ERTMS dispensed with.

Apology accepted. Lol.

fgwrich

Established Member
Nice phots! Although, while it probably is a first time for a Freightliner Loco to appear on the Cambrian, I gather that it was on hire to Colas Rail for the job.

Colas's NDS work has been picking up a fair bit as of late, leading to them hiring in locos from Freightliner and DBS.

SpacePhoenix

Established Member
Did the rear loco have it's engine running? if it did why wouldn't they have used that loco's own tail lights?

HMS Ark Royal

Established Member
Its at Milepost 35 which is on the double track section between Welshpool and Fron, between Welshpool and the bridge over the Severn at Cilcewydd. The photo is taken from a UWC that is accessed off the A483 Welshpool bypass.

There relaying track between Newtown and Talerddig until March in many places. Coyle Rail are doing it.

What is a UWC?

the-gog

I was half a mile south of Pete at Cilcewydd: https://www.mylordz.com/picture.php?/914/category/97

The sodding autofocus decided to wander on my just at the wrong moment. Not impressed. 6C70 returned from the worksite at Talerddig under a T3 all the way to Sutton Bridge Junction. Sleepers have been dropped at Penstrowed, and by Lidl/A483 overbridge at Newtown. New rails sit in the 4ft at Newtown station:

https://www.mylordz.com/picture.php?/913/category/97

More rails were supposed to be dropped a week last Sunday, but the machinery to slide the rails off the wagons failed, so it had to be abandoned.

Status
Not open for further replies.