• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Looking for Big Boy Memorabilia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

ac6000cw

Established Member
If you like it, and think the price is reasonable (i.e. it's worth it to you to hang on the wall and enjoy) then why not?

But if you are buying it to maybe sell on again at some point, then the fact that it's supposed to be a 'limited edition' print but they are not numbered would make me think twice about buying it.

Personally I'd put the money towards a trip to go and see the real thing when UP have restored 4014 to running order (or another big Mallet (style) loco e.g 2-6-6-2 C&O 1309 which is currently being restored at the Western Maryland Scenic - all 300 tons of it!)

RBSN

If you like it, and think the price is reasonable (i.e. it's worth it to you to hang on the wall and enjoy) then why not?

But if you are buying it to maybe sell on again at some point, then the fact that it's supposed to be a 'limited edition' print but they are not numbered would make me think twice about buying it.

Personally I'd put the money towards a trip to go and see the real thing when UP have restored 4014 to running order (or another big Mallet (style) loco e.g 2-6-6-2 C&O 1309 which is currently being restored at the Western Maryland Scenic - all 300 tons of it!)

Indeed, I questioned why the 'limited' edition wasn't numbered. A big put-off.

I'm waiting for the 4014 to be finished and will hopefully one day go and see it - it would be amazing!

Status
Not open for further replies.