• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Looking for cheapest possible ticket from Glasgow to Mallaig

Status
Not open for further replies.

jednick

There's a feature on the Virgin Trains and also the Scotrail websites where it lets me see many possible prices of a ticket from A to B.

I see there's a possibility of an advance purchase single priced at just £5 between Glasgow and Mallaig.

But I've searched well into April and May and I can find no tickets at that price.

Do I assume that there were at least a few tickets available at that price, but somebody's bought them?

I can be flexible with which day in the next few months I do this journey. I want to find the ticket at the cheapest possible price, and that'll be the day I travel.

Do I have to just search manually for each and every day, or is there a website available where I can type in the journey I want and it'll tell me on which days the cheapest possible ticket is available?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

ForTheLoveOf

Established Member
National Rail Enquiries has a Cheapest Fare Finder. Some Advance tiers are simply impossible to get in practice, for one reason or another, though I know for a fact I've got that tier as far as Fort William.

jednick

National Rail Enquiries has a Cheapest Fare Finder. Some Advance tiers are simply impossible to get in practice, for one reason or another, though I know for a fact I've got that tier as far as Fort William.

Thanks for the reply. I've used the National Rail cheapest fare finder a few times. I was wondering whether there's any similar website capable of searching for the cheapest fare over the course of a week or a month (instead of having to use the cheapest fare finder, which I think only searches one day at a time).

ForTheLoveOf

Established Member
Thanks for the reply. I've used the National Rail cheapest fare finder a few times. I was wondering whether there's any similar website capable of searching for the cheapest fare over the course of a week or a month (instead of having to use the cheapest fare finder, which I think only searches one day at a time).
Not that I'm aware of.

Essan

I have bought a £24 ticket from Worcs to Lochailort in the past, but find it very difficult to get anything near that price these days (on any dates that suit me, anyway).

Status
Not open for further replies.