• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Looking for secret shopper work on the railways

Status
Not open for further replies.

daccer

good day all,

I am looking for some short term work and I know that there are some agencies who hire secret shoppers. I am only really interested on doing this on the railways - combine an interest with earning some pocket money. does anyone know which are the best agencies to approach for this type of work and if any are recruiting at the moment.

Many thanks

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Abpj17

Marketforce have some on the trains - invariably for the catering services. The money tends to only cover the cost of whatever is purchased though, not the actual fare (give or take a few exceptions).

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
I know a forum member who does this.

I will ask him to either PM you directly or I will send you the info.

Established Member
Abpj17:1996939 said:
Marketforce have some on the trains - invariably for the catering services. The money tends to only cover the cost of whatever is purchased though, not the actual fare (give or take a few exceptions).

So if I understood that correctly, you have to buy the train ticket yourself when you're on the job?
Presumably you don't get Priv cards and staff travel benefits like that?

TheVicLine

London Underground/TfL use a company called GfK or at least they did when I was there a couple of years ago.

TheVicLine

National Opinion Polls (NOP) did LU before GfK so maybe they do Network Rail stuff too, worth a look on the internet.

Spotted a Mystery Shopper when I pulled into Manchester Airport 2 weeks ago, so they are around the NW network too (depends where you are based). Don't know who they were working for as they are meant to be un-noticeable, but couldn't miss him with his little MSS booklet and clipboard.
Made sure my tie was straight :D

Jonfun

Established Member
Network Rail's mystery shopping is done with regard to customer service and standards at their Major Stations.

Abpj17

So if I understood that correctly, you have to buy the train ticket yourself when you're on the job?
Presumably you don't get Priv cards and staff travel benefits like that?

oh definitely not - you're not railway staff and the whole point is not to stand out from any other customer

It varies slightly - I can see one for Chiltern that covers the ticket cost and an ok fee. Others e.g. EMT, Southern, SWT, doesn’t cover ticket and is lower fee.

Jonfun

Established Member
EMT's mystery shopping programme does cover your travel cost. I think you might be confusing it with RailGourmet's.

Yew

Established Member
Having shopped for EMT, my travel cost was covered and I received a fee. I was with Marketforce

Status
Not open for further replies.