• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Looking for somewhere to eat while changing trains at Exeter St Davids

Status
Not open for further replies.

RichmondCommu

Established Member
Hey everyone.

I've got half an hour at Exeter station on Tuesday lunchtime and I'll be hungry having had an early start. Is there anywhere on the station where I can buy some lunch?

Many thanks,

Angela

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Kite159

Veteran Member
Exeter St Davids?

If so, there is a coffee shop located at the station (entrance the other side of the ticket barriers), plus a small WH Smiths.

Ash Bridge

Established Member
Yes St Davids. No where that sells sandwiches or hot food then?

Yes Starbucks on the station certainly do; I think this is to where Kite159 was referring, there are also a couple more smaller outlets that offer similar on the island platforms at least one of which has a small sit in area if this helps.

joke2711

There is also a Costa Coffee just outside the station across the road from the Premier Inn.

fgwrich

Established Member
Is there not a huge hotel opposite? Bet they could rustle up something quickly

If it's the Great Western your referring to, that place has been in decline for years now and I believe has also stopped doing food. A shame because it was a fairly decent pub a few years ago!

Starbucks or the Londis is your best bet for a half hour stop over though.

DarloRich

Veteran Member
If it's the Great Western your referring to, that place has been in decline for years now and I believe has also stopped doing food. A shame because it was a fairly decent pub a few years ago!

Starbucks or the Londis is your best bet for a half hour stop over though.

Oh. That is a sad state of affairs

Hadders

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
Starbucks and WH Smith both so sandwiches. I agree about the Londis a little near the Great Western Hotel, I've used it quite frequently.

richw

Veteran Member
There’s an off licence type place directly opposite the station entrance.
Does some good sandwiches, mix of local independent made, and Ginsters pre packed last time i was in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.