• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Looking to become a trainee train driver

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrokenRailway

hey I’m looking about becoming a trainee train driver how would I go about it what’s the best company in London to apply for

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

CertifiedMonk

Abellio greater Anglia, they will be recruiting October I believe for trainee depot drivers. Most start in depot drivers as you will gain a fill train driving license. So after a while you can apply for trainee mainline driver. I'm not 100% on this, I applied with C2C passed all 5 tests but the final Multi modular interview I failed 3 out of 6 questions.

bionic

Best company to apply for is the one who is advertising for trainees. Get your key, keep your nose clean for a few years and then you'll be in a position to start shopping around for the best TOC.

Trainguy90

Look at train operator websites, sign up to job alerts, look through this forum.
At least one company will usually advertise each year, but expect a long recruitment process and don’t get disheartened if you get knocked back a few times

Alkesh Chhabra

Look at train operator websites, sign up to job alerts, look through this forum.
At least one company will usually advertise each year, but expect a long recruitment process and don’t get disheartened if you get knocked back a few times
Thank u but is there any common platform where all the companies post the jobs.

Trainguy90

Thank u but is there any common platform where all the companies post the jobs.
There doesn’t need to be, once you sign up for email alerts the jobs come to you and if your worried about missing something just check the sites, it’s not difficult honest
All you’d otherwise be doing is browsing the common platform your talking about which to be fair isn’t much different to this forum

OneLowban

I would keep checking each website, as I signed up to all of the job alerts and received zero alerts.

Status
Not open for further replies.