• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Looking to purchase a pacer for our heritage railway

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nene Valley

Advice please - a little late to the party!
Looking to purchase a pacer for our heritage railway, I have been in contact with Angel trains but the release of the remaining ones with northern appears to be unclear - someone suggested Booths have some they havnt cut up. Any suggestions please

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

warwickshire

On Moderation
Looking to purchase a pacer for our heritage railway, I have been in contact with Angel trains but the release of the remaining ones with northern appears to be unclear - someone suggested Booths have some they havnt cut up. Any suggestions please
Various Pacers have only just gone off lease and have just arrived at gascoigne wood. Ie only just gone out off service. It would be good to secure one from gascoigne wood before they go to scrap to give it a good home. Ie out off interest 142038 got rescued from gascoigne wood recently. For preservation

IamTrainsYT

You haven’t got a chance on a northern one, They have been reserved by an international buyer. you might have a bit more luck with a TFW one or maybe a class 143 or 144?
try contacting:
Porterbrook - 11 TFW 143s, 5 GWR 143s, 23 Northern 144s
Rhondda Cynon Taff District Council- 3 TFW 143s
Bridgend County Borough Council - 1 TFW 143
Great Western Railway - 3 GWR 143s

I have linked you to the contact pages for each owner :)

Last edited:

Anonymous10

Established Member
Tfw currently have no Pacers set to be preserved however removal from service date is unclear but would be great for one to be preserved

D365

Veteran Member
You haven’t got a chance on a northern one, They have been reserved by an international buyer. you might have a bit more luck with a TFW one or maybe a class 143 or 144?

What’s the deal with the TfW Class 142s? Are they reserved too?

Interesting to see that the NVR are making moves to acquire a Pacer, will be great to see one or two on my local!

IamTrainsYT

What’s the deal with the TfW Class 142s? Are they reserved too?

Interesting to see that the NVR are making moves to acquire a Pacer, will be great to see one or two on my local!
I think it’s that the northern ones have a more original interior. And that they are closest to there withdrawal date

Edders23

Why are the NVR now looking to acquire a pacer when they got rid of their 3 car 1st gen Dmu ?

it wouldn't be able to run with Helga

pieguyrob

I would have thought Iran would have been the most logical choice. They already have experience of running them!

pdeaves

Established Member

EbbwJunction1

Established Member
Ah, right, I understand now - thanks.

RCT could use one of theirs as the Mayor Limousine instead of a car!!

Status
Not open for further replies.