• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Looking to use Trainpal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gaz55

Hi all,

I've just came across Trainpal, looking to go away for a weekend sometime next month. What are people's opinion on the site.

Thanks.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Nunners

I think you can only use it as an app, not a website, unless that's changed since I last looked.

I've used it before an found it's pretty standard in terms of use experience. The only different thing is that you can collect your tickets from any station (i.e. you don't have to specify one) if you want to pick them up.

I think they've got a voucher sale that ends today, so I would look at that today if you want to use it. There's probably also some sign-up deal if you put someone's code in.

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
The only different thing is that you can collect your tickets from any station (i.e. you don't have to specify one) if you want to pick them up.
To be clear you can do that via any online or app based booking channel. They only make you specify to ensure you're going somewhere where it is possible to collect tickets from!

Nunners

To be clear you can do that via any online or app based booking channel. They only make you specify to ensure you're going somewhere where it is possible to collect tickets from!
Oh, I didn't know that. Thank you very much!

robbeech

Established Member
There have certainly been a few horror stories floating around. A search of the forum might be useful here. Of course, the same can likely be said with any retailer so it's difficult to establish if one is better or worse. What is your reason for choosing that particular service over just purchasing from the operator or another 3rd party retailer?

Gaz55

There have certainly been a few horror stories floating around. A search of the forum might be useful here. Of course, the same can likely be said with any retailer so it's difficult to establish if one is better or worse. What is your reason for choosing that particular service over just purchasing from the operator or another 3rd party retailer?
No specific reason for using Trainpal other than literally just hearing about the site yesterday, I watched a Paul Lucas video on a XC HST and he said he used the site for tickets. I'm totally new to the world of split ticketing and to get my head around the process, which sites might be the best, etc.

_toommm_

Established Member
No specific reason for using Trainpal other than literally just hearing about the site yesterday, I watched a Paul Lucas video on a XC HST and he said he used the site for tickets. I'm totally new to the world of split ticketing and to get my head around the process, which sites might be the best, etc.

Trainsplit is probably the best for split tickets. Some of the staff members are on this very forum, and (as a disclaimer I’ve never had to contact them with any issues) forum members vouch for their customer service when things do go wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.