• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

LOROL / GA Trainee Drivers - Chingford

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

junior_7178

Aghh it's got another one of those SouthEastern style tests attached to it.

I've just had a skim through the questions and most look self explanatory, however as with the SET one there are 4 or 5 questions that I don't see how anyone who hasn't had experience or training in what LOROL would expect you to do in that situation could give the perfect answers.

Perhaps they use this system to give internal applicants a better chance.

Anyway, I've just emailed LOROL HR to find out if they consider applications from people willing to relocate. If they do then I'll be sitting down to the lucky dip lottery questions soon!

SPADTrap

Established Member
Interesting! Good luck to those who apply. Anyone else starting with GA in November at Cambridge/Stortford?

Kukua

Can someone please clarify...

Are the recruiting for May 2015 or are they recruiting now, and then be transferred to LOROL in May 2015?

greatkingrat

Established Member
They are recruiting now so the successful candidates will be most of the way through their training by the time they transfer in May.

junior_7178

Please can somebody answer this question and put me out of my misery.

When you clicked 'submit' at the end of the online application process, what message was displayed on the screen?

I have just had 2 hours from hell tring to complete this application form as it kept crashing and loosing all the information I had put in up until that point. When I FINALLY got to the end and clicked 'submit' I received a message saying "thankyou for submitting your resume, we will inform you if your qualifications match and of our current and future vacancies". Nothing along the lines of " thankyou for applying for this job, we will be in touch shortly" or words to that effect, which is what I would have expected.

DmanPoppet

I got the same message as you Junior (qualifications match...current/future vacancies) and mine submitted first time.

junior_7178

I got the same message as you Junior (qualifications match...current/future vacancies) and mine submitted first time.

THANK GOD FOR THAT!

Thanks for the info. I spent 4 hours doing it last night on a night shift and when I got that message back after submitting it I was doing back flips with rage thinking it had f**ked up.

Luski28

Sounds about right for AGA, just to update they have also missed off the £2700 for London weighting.

Established Member
Careful - take a look at the ASLEF website for the terms and conditions at LOROL and Greater Anglia.

Remember Greater Anglia is a combination of bits of three previous companies. Only Former Anglia Liverpool St drivers get London weighting, no one else does.

Luski28

Careful - take a look at the ASLEF website for the terms and conditions at LOROL and Greater Anglia.

Remember Greater Anglia is a combination of bits of three previous companies. Only Former Anglia Liverpool St drivers get London weighting, no one else does.

Not true, Liverpool street get the same as Chingford, Bishops Stortfort get around £1200 and even Cambridge get £800 and I can confirm this as I've worked at Storford and am now based at Chingford.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Not true, Liverpool street get the same as Chingford, Bishops Stortfort get around £1200 and even Cambridge get £800 and I can confirm this as I've worked at Storford and am now based at Chingford.

£2673 to be precise, just checked wage slip.

Last edited:

Established Member
Fair enough, thanks for correcting me. I made the naive mistake of believing, or maybe misreading the ASLEF website ;) :oops:

ChrisTheRef

Established Member

To clarify, all West Anglia depots (Chingford, Stortford, Cambridge) get a location allowance.

West Anglia Drivers work a 4 day week with compulsory Sundays extra, whereas Drivers in Norwich, Southend etc work a 5 day week with 2 full weeks off every 10.

Established Member
To clarify, all West Anglia depots (Chingford, Stortford, Cambridge) get a location allowance.

West Anglia Drivers work a 4 day week with compulsory Sundays extra, whereas Drivers in Norwich, Southend etc work a 5 day week with 2 full weeks off every 10.

To further clarify ;), only the former First Great Eastern drivers depots (Ilford, Gidea Park, Southend Vic, Colchester and Clacton) work 8 weeks on, 2 weeks off. That is achieved by putting 4 weeks of annual leave into the base roster and grouping rest days. Liverpool St, Ipswich and Norwich don't do that so do not have the same roster pattern.

dglondon

Aghh it's got another one of those SouthEastern style tests attached to it.

I've just had a skim through the questions and most look self explanatory, however as with the SET one there are 4 or 5 questions that I don't see how anyone who hasn't had experience or training in what LOROL would expect you to do in that situation could give the perfect answers.

Perhaps they use this system to give internal applicants a better chance.

Anyway, I've just emailed LOROL HR to find out if they consider applications from people willing to relocate. If they do then I'll be sitting down to the lucky dip lottery questions soon!

Deleted

Last edited:

junior_7178

Hi Junior_7178 - Did you get a reply from LOROL HR confirming that they consider applications from people willing to relocate ?

No sorry. Despite the advert on their website saying something like "We regret we cannot answer telephone enquiries relating to this job so please email any questions and we will answer them".

Anyway, they didn't answer so i've applied anyway.

Luski28

I've applied and stated on the application form that if offered the job I'm happy to relocated.

Good luck people, Chingford ain't a cheap area to live though, £1400 per month for a 3 bed is the going rate, I'd try Essex or Hertfordshire for a better standard of living.

badassunicorn

Anyone heard back yet? Anyone know a potential start date? I'm currently a depot driver with ga, so fingers crossed they are up for having little old half trained me!

DmanPoppet

Nothing yet. GA just finished advertising internally for Bishops Stortford and Cambridge Depots as well, so not sure if this will have an impact on the length of time we will be waiting for correspondence...
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
A friend has just been invited to assessments this morning via email. Hopefully we all start hearing back soon!

Zetecy

Hi Guys

Been on here for about 6-8 months just reading . Signed up today to get involved !:).

I have been invited to assessment next week so all very short notice! This will be my first attempt so a little unfamiliar and nervous at the minute.

The invite email suggests there will be a concentration test and fault finding test. And they have included a couple of practice documents to go through. There is document just for the fault finding test so that will be nice and logical and ok to follow.

However the other practise document does not specify such test as 'concentration' like the email suggests, its broken down into

Trainability /memory
vigilance
perception
hand coordination
Written comms
situational judgment exercise
A structured interview.

So I am actually a little bit confused as what to practise for the 'Concentration Test. Is the concentration test a collective test for all of the above? The email does not state there is a interview at stage 1 however the study booklet does?

Any help would be greatly appreciated and good luck to all who applied.

SPADTrap

Established Member
Hi Guys

Been on here for about 6-8 months just reading . Signed up today to get involved !:).

I have been invited to assessment next week so all very short notice! This will be my first attempt so a little unfamiliar and nervous at the minute.

The invite email suggests there will be a concentration test and fault finding test. And they have included a couple of practice documents to go through. There is document just for the fault finding test so that will be nice and logical and ok to follow.

However the other practise document does not specify such test as 'concentration' like the email suggests, its broken down into

Trainability /memory
vigilance
perception
hand coordination
Written comms
situational judgment exercise
A structured interview.

So I am actually a little bit confused as what to practise for the 'Concentration Test. Is the concentration test a collective test for all of the above? The email does not state there is a interview at stage 1 however the study booklet does?

Any help would be greatly appreciated and good luck to all who applied.

I did the assessments for GA itself, I think it refers to the Group Bourdon 'dots test' for concentration.

badassunicorn

I've been invited too next Wednesday, not sure if I'll have to do them again though, hopefully not! Good luck everyone

Marc1986

Did you receive an email as well or were you contacted by phone? Have not had any emails but did have a missed call from an unknown number this afternoon but may be clutching at straws! Are both of your assessments on Wednesday as well?

rchta455

Good luck all. I haven't heard a peep so that's me probably out. Oh well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.