• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

LOROL - Qualified Drivers - New Cross

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Skoodle

If you love running on restrictive aspects and being delayed by Southern, then this job is for you! ;)

JB25

What sort of hours do LOROL drivers work? They seem to start later and finish earlier than Southern, Southeastern and FCC.

Skoodle

Lorol have the priority so think you will find its us who run on restrictive aspects

Yup, that's why we're held at New Cross Gate waiting for ages for a Southern to come one stop from London Bridge, and at Crystal Palace waiting for a Southern to eventually make it's way ahead of us whilst we sit patiently. We won't hold that against you guys though! :lol:
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
What sort of hours do LOROL drivers work? They seem to start later and finish earlier than Southern, Southeastern and FCC.

Earliest book on at NXG is 0415, latest book off 0110. A couple of night turns too.

notadriver

Established Member
I was on the Atlantic lines today Skoodle (up direction). Strange feeling getting greens through there - are you usually following something through Denmark Hill?

Skoodle

Every other train we follow you guys, usually waiting for you at Peckham Rye junction to make your way over on to Atlantic from the Catford Loop.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

westcoaster

Established Member
Every other train we follow you guys, usually waiting for you at Peckham Rye junction to make your way over on to Atlantic from the Catford Loop.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

I see they have put PRI's in on the down Atlantic, but not seen them working yet as there is always a red at crofton road junction.

JB25

Yup, that's why we're held at New Cross Gate waiting for ages for a Southern to come one stop from London Bridge, and at Crystal Palace waiting for a Southern to eventually make it's way ahead of us whilst we sit patiently. We won't hold that against you guys though! :lol:
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---

Earliest book on at NXG is 0415, latest book off 0110. A couple of night turns too.

04:15, that surprises me. That's almost as early as us, but I never see LOROL going around that early, or in fact that late.

What do you do on a LOROL night as you don't run through the night? :shock:

Skoodle

04:15, that surprises me. That's almost as early as us, but I never see LOROL going around that early, or in fact that late.

What do you do on a LOROL night as you don't run through the night? :shock:

0415 is a cover turn. 0430ish is the next one, there are quite a few jobs first thing where we grab a taxi to Clapham Junction or Crystal Palace to pick up a unit.

Night turns are usually working in service until berthing in depot or at Clapham Junction then taxi back. Working to TRM/Control instructions until early morning. During winter we'll be used to run deicer units before first trains. They're usually run very close to first timetabled trains out of the depot as the ELL is pretty much in a permanent possession every night.

Status
Not open for further replies.