• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Lorol Trainee Driver Assessment

Status
Not open for further replies.

cabbie1

I have been invited to do a driver assessment with lorol but recently passed test with southeastern.Does anybody know if I have to take test again or is it counted as passed already.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

notadriver

Established Member
I have been invited to do a driver assessment with lorol but recently passed test with southeastern.Does anybody know if I have to take test again or is it counted as passed already.

What tests do Southern do ?

SPADTrap

Established Member

What tests have you actually done?

evoice

I'm in the same boat as well. I too passed all the assessments with southeastern including MMI. Southeastern does not do any fault finding test. Rest of them are the same as the new assessments. They also do written communication test.

387star

On Moderation
I thought you weren't allowed to retake tests within six months under any circumstances ... I couldn't with C2C for instance as was still in the six months though my circumstances were a bit different as they had different scoring criteria... As long they accept your scores should be ok but will attend for dfft

How many people pass DFFT as never taken it?

Last edited:

SPADTrap

Established Member
I thought you weren't allowed to retake tests within six months under any circumstances ... I couldn't with C2C for instance as was still in the six months though my circumstances were a bit different as they had different scoring criteria... As long they accept your scores should be ok but will attend for dfft

I think it depends on the TOCs pass level?

evoice

Hi cabbie1, just called HR and they said that the previous tests are valid but still need to attend the assessment day to give one or two tests which are not done by other TOC. The assessor will confirm on which test to give on that day.

Fincra5

Established Member

Other than the MMI (which is done later with Southern) I've passed the assessment. DFFT I found to be very simple.

6ixfoot1

I too have been invited to the same assessment. my first time going to any train driver assessment, is there any thing to be worried about?

Practice papers seem quite straight forward. what would you say is the most difficult part of stage 1?

any advice would be appreciated. thanks

Sirgerbil

Interesting, seems like there's a few of you that have already done the tests and would only need to pass a line managers interview.

Makes me wonder why they would bother running people through the other assessments. Especially if they are only looking for one trainee like the vacancy stated.

6ixfoot1

Interesting, seems like there's a few of you that have already done the tests and would only need to pass a line managers interview.

Makes me wonder why they would bother running people through the other assessments. Especially if they are only looking for one trainee like the vacancy stated.

which ad are we talking about? the one that had a deadline for the 13th?

a mate who works for Lorol said he didn't know the company was looking to recruit externally but was aware that they were looking internally.

may be I'm just going to be wasting my time but I'll give it a go.

Am i right in thinking that, everyone who applies gets invited for an assessment?

Fincra5

Established Member
I too have been invited to the same assessment. my first time going to any train driver assessment, is there any thing to be worried about?

Practice papers seem quite straight forward. what would you say is the most difficult part of stage 1?

any advice would be appreciated. thanks

To be honest that depends on you as a person. The one I didn't like was the where there a supposed elevator, each low tone is a floor that the elevator has risen, at the same time random high tones are played. You need to count the number of low tones.

Also the computer ATAVT isn't easy as its very quick but just take a send to think after. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPe_l2XrEEc

387star

On Moderation
I see those who have passed and haven't taken additional tests only have to take those... good news

This got me thinking. If you fail to reach an enhanced score a company requires and they tell you which part you failed to meet that enhanced score on would they make you retake the whole assessment or just the areas you didn't meet their score on ,provided the assessment was still valid by them

Fincra5

Established Member
I see those who have passed and haven't taken additional tests only have to take those... good news

This got me thinking. If you fail to reach an enhanced score a company requires and they tell you which part you failed to meet that enhanced score on would they make you retake the whole assessment or just the areas you didn't meet their score on ,provided the assessment was still valid by them

AFAIK it was just to retake the bits you failed as all scores stay on record.

Sirgerbil

which ad are we talking about? the one that had a deadline for the 13th?

a mate who works for Lorol said he didn't know the company was looking to recruit externally but was aware that they were looking internally.

may be I'm just going to be wasting my time but I'll give it a go.

Am i right in thinking that, everyone who applies gets invited for an assessment?

I'm referring to the last NXG campaign. I believe it closed on the 13th yes.

I don't think you'll be wasting your time per se, But the odds seemed to be stacked against us to a degree in the fact that people who that have already passed the assessments will be going straight to the line manager interview. This only really applies if they are only looking for one trainee driver as the advert stated, If there are multiple positions then it doesn't really matter.

Everyone that applies doesn't get an automatic assessment invite, I believe that the scenario based questions are related to the assessment invite.

6ixfoot1

I cant recall seeing a number mentioned for vacancies available. My friend that is employed by Lorol said they recently recruited a group of trainee drivers and that there would be more recruited in groups.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
He did say this to me a couple of months ago though

Sirgerbil

I cant recall seeing a number mentioned for vacancies available. My friend that is employed by Lorol said they recently recruited a group of trainee drivers and that there would be more recruited in groups.
He did say this to me a couple of months ago though

The original advert stated 1 trainee. The last recruitment was for Chingford in preparation for the take over.

Sirgerbil

Well judgement day is fast approaching! I've been having a good go at the practice materials...I'm not overly confident but I have vastly improved at the GB and the DFFT is just applying logic. The LOROL specific tests are alright, but when doing both at the same time will be interesting!

Good luck to all of those attending on Tuesday, see you there!

evoice

Hi cabbie1, was your test today? What test did they ask you to do? Good luck anyway. My tests are tomorrow.

387star

On Moderation
Do LOROL have a six month application wait rule

I applied for Chingford and was unsuccessful then applied for this (I wasn't stopped doing so) but nothing yet so presumably unsuccessful again... or my failed Chingford application was a noteworthy reason?

evoice

I applied for Chingford and was unsuccessful then applied for this (I wasn't stopped doing so) but nothing yet so presumably unsuccessful again... or my failed Chingford application was a noteworthy reason?

I don't think so ml. My case is the same as yours. Applied chingford and this one.

Sirgerbil

Do you live within 45 min's of depot? Maybe they had enough numbers near depot therefore not shortlisted?
Nice to meet some of you today, best of luck to you all.

Skoodle

I doubt the 45 minute living to the depot thing is relevant, I have a friend who passed all the assessments with Southeastern and applied to LOROL after still waiting for DM interview. He lives within 5 minutes walking to New Cross Gate station however still hasn't heard anything from the current LOROL application.

6ixfoot1

hope you don't mind me asking, at which stage were you unsuccessful?

Sirgerbil

I doubt the 45 minute living to the depot thing is relevant, I have a friend who passed all the assessments with Southeastern and applied to LOROL after still waiting for DM interview. He lives within 5 minutes walking to New Cross Gate station however still hasn't heard anything from the current LOROL application.

Fair enough. Maybe he didn't pass their mini SJE screening? At yesterday's assessment the woman from OPC kept saying that LOROL have higher pass marks than other tocs. One guy even had to resit his GB due to not reaching their standard. (Don't think he was best pleased!)

dglondon

Fair enough. Maybe he didn't pass their mini SJE screening? At yesterday's assessment the woman from OPC kept saying that LOROL have higher pass marks than other tocs. One guy even had to resit his GB due to not reaching their standard. (Don't think he was best pleased!)

Deleted

Last edited:

Sirgerbil

Hi, how many tests did they have at your assessment yesterday ? (was it just the Group Bordon and DFFT + some LOROL specific tests ?) ... and how long
did the whole process last ? (also did they let everyone take all of the tests or did they mark each test once it was done and only allow those that had passed go through to the next test ?)

As a matter of interest, roughly how many of you started the day, and how many were left by the end ?

Group Bourton - Tea-occ - dfft - SJE

We sat all tests, about 20 of us with an earlier group of the same number. Lasted about 3 hours.

6ixfoot1

Our test adminstrator said that there were 50 people booked for each day for the whole week

Status
Not open for further replies.