• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

LOROL - Trainee Train Driver - New Cross Gate

Status
Not open for further replies.

WesC2014

Hmm, I emailed them last week but still no response. I've checked my junk/spam but nothing.

I've basically guessed that I'm unsuccessful as it seems others are already being assessed...?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Scottpod1981

Hmm, I emailed them last week but still no response. I've checked my junk/spam but nothing.

I've basically guessed that I'm unsuccessful as it seems others are already being assessed...?
It is worth noting that they Had 2 x recruitment for trainee train drivers one closed on 13th Dec and the other on 16th Dec! Unless anyone can say different ......
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
I'm guessing a phone call tomorrow may resolve this then!

Sirgerbil

It is worth noting that they Had 2 x recruitment for trainee train drivers one closed on 13th Dec and the other on 16th Dec! Unless anyone can say different ......
I'm guessing a phone call tomorrow may resolve this then!

I only saw the one vacancy to be honest.

387star

On Moderation
I imagine those who have been successful spent a lot of time working on the CV and cover letter as these formed the main part of the application from memory

Scottpod1981

I imagine those who have been successful spent a lot of time working on the CV and cover letter as these formed the main part of the application from memory
Just spoke with HR, they received a very high volume of applicants as expected and they are still screening the applications and will be for some time, so fingers crossed
Just spoke with HR, they received a very high volume of applicants as expected and they are still screening the applications and will be for some time, so fingers crossed
I spent an age on my cv and covering letter

Sirgerbil

I spent an age on my cv and covering letter

Bog standard fob off reply from HR by sounds of it..

Scottpod1981

No mate but I've heard these generic replies before myself.

And it's hard to believe that with people going to 2nd assessments next week, that they are still sifting initial applications.
She sounded very genuine. From what I have seen and researched of LOROL so far they seem a cut above the rest.
I believe they are doing selection in small groups to try and ease the pressures of so many applicants!!

Sirgerbil

It's looking quite likely and they have the luxury of picking the very best.....

So far through my process with LOROL the OPC reps have been saying they are looking for the "best" in regards to enhanced pass marks.

But I was not aware that LOROL did the whole talent pool thing.

I wonder if the guy who passed all stages has been given a potential start date..
Best of luck to those going in tomorrow for stage 2!

30 common

Distance to depot is important.
1.8 miles is close enough isn't it? :D

Has anyone sat the VSE? What can I expect? Is it the same as the practice material? Or harder?

What's the MMI about too? I know the questions but not sure about how to handle the "how did it make you feel" bit I was told about by a friend.

Skoodle

Nope, a friend of mine applied too and still hasn't had a single response.

Sirgerbil

Well passed everything at Watford today, have to wait on results for MMI though, not feeling too confident but time will tell.

michael12

Hi Sirgerbil congratulations for passing stage 2 assessments so far. If possible can you confirm what tests you were required to take for stage 2?

Sirgerbil

Hi Sirgerbil congratulations for passing stage 2 assessments so far. If possible can you confirm what tests you were required to take for stage 2?

Stage 2 assessments are -

Dials and Cables
GLOP test
Vienna tests - Grey square/memory of image/joysticks.

If yout pass these you progress to the VSE (LOROL specific this is broken into 3 parts.) SJT/MMI.

You do not find out results for VSE nor MMI on the day.

michael12

Thanks for that. I appreciate your help.

You wrote the VSE is broken into 3 parts but only mentioned SJT/MMI what is the third part?

Also how did you find the joystick exercise? thanks

Sirgerbil

Thanks for that. I appreciate your help.

You wrote the VSE is broken into 3 parts but only mentioned SJT/MMI what is the third part?

Also how did you find the joystick exercise? thanks

Sorry you misunderstood, VSE is a LOROL specific test that contains 3 parts, similar to the tones excersize in part one. 2 separate exercise then merged into one for the third.

Joysticks wasn't too bad. The controls are very delicate and have a tendency to "Jump" when making small corrections. By my final two attempt's I was making it through with speed and maybe one mistake.

The MMI for me was the hardest part and I think will be my downfall. A competency based interview I have a lot of experience with, but when someone is asking you how you felt about a situation is suprisingly akward. But we shall see.

Are you through to second assessments?

michael12

Thanks Sirgerbil for clarifying that. It sounds like a long day at the assessment centre.

Most people find the MMI challenging. Hopefully you did enough to get you through to the final stage.

Yes I have second assessments coming up soon. I am looking forward to it. For some reason I feel I will find the computer tests more challenging than the others. How many applicants in your group got through to the end of the day?

Status
Not open for further replies.