• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Lost content?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stigy

Established Member
Just realised that all DLC relating to the class 455 on the Pompey line has disappeared...I assume it's occurred since it updated to the 2013 edition, but only noticed now...Can anybody help? Thanks chaps.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

electra27000

You're right - it's been missing since TS2013 was released. RailSimulator.com are aware and some content has since been re-uploaded.

Darandio

Established Member
They are aware because they removed it. :D

Certain items are reliant on things such as couplings that resided in the Kuju folder. Since TS2013, elements of this structure are not available to new users by default, hence the removal of items in order to modify them, reducing their reliance on this structure.

electra27000

They are aware because they removed it. :D

Certain items are reliant on things such as couplings that resided in the Kuju folder. Since TS2013, elements of this structure are not available to new users by default, hence the removal of items in order to modify them, reducing their reliance on this structure.

Perhaps, it would've made for better PR to have said that prior to the release of TS2013, rather than waiting until after several people notice and question it - including myself, who commented on it 4 times before finally getting a response from RSC. Oh and when they did finally acknowledge the problem, they made no mention of why - just that they were aware and were uploading it all again...

Darandio

Established Member
In all honesty, I'm not sure it's mine, yours or anyone elses place on how to tell RSC how to run their business.

Telling you they are aware and that it will be re-uploaded is all a customer really needs to be aware of.

electra27000

In all honesty, I'm not sure it's mine, yours or anyone elses place on how to tell RSC how to run their business.
Who was telling them how to run their business? RSC can run it how they like, in exactly the same way that I can choose to spend my hard earned cash how I like - if you catch my 'drift'...

Telling you they are aware and that it will be re-uploaded is all a customer really needs to be aware of.
You hit the nail on the head, when you used the word "customer". That is what we are - customers - and, from a customer relations point of view, it's better to keep us fully informed as to where issues are and why they've happened. Rough analogy - if your car broke down, would you be satisfied with an explanation that the repair man knew what the problem was and was working to get it fixed? I wouldn't.

Darandio

Established Member
Who was telling them how to run their business? RSC can run it how they like, in exactly the same way that I can choose to spend my hard earned cash how I like - if you catch my 'drift'...

Well you kind of did, suggesting what they should have said. It's not worth arguing over though.

You hit the nail on the head, when you used the word "customer". That is what we are - customers - and, from a customer relations point of view, it's better to keep us fully informed as to where issues are and why they've happened. Rough analogy - if your car broke down, would you be satisfied with an explanation that the repair man knew what the problem was and was working to get it fixed? I wouldn't.

I cannot see how that is at all relevant.

In this case, if you already own any of these downloads, you aren't affected, you still have them exactly the same as before and will receive the upgrade when it happens. If you didn't own them, you haven't got anything in the first place that can "break down".

And you are a "customer" of course, but I have seen cases, especially on Facebook where people who are a customer believe they have rights as to the future direction of the company and their practices, even going as far as to say the purchase of DLC is akin to a stake in the company? :D

Stigy

Established Member
Why not? Customers do so all the time in all industries, seems a bit odd that you'd say such a thing actually :|

Thanks for the replies guys, I guess I just wait then?

Darandio

Established Member
Why not? Customers do so all the time in all industries, seems a bit odd that you'd say such a thing actually :|

Thanks for the replies guys, I guess I just wait then?

What? Telling someone how to run their own business?

electra27000

How exactly is telling a firm that you're not happy with the level of service they're offering telling them how to run their business? One of the irritations with people in this country is, we never complain - we simply accept shoddy service...

Darandio

Established Member
How exactly is telling a firm that you're not happy with the level of service they're offering telling them how to run their business? One of the irritations with people in this country is, we never complain - we simply accept shoddy service...

I'll not disagree with the latter part, apart from the shoddy service bit.

Which part of the service is shoddy? Do you own the items and they dont work?

electra27000

Which part of the service is shoddy? Do you own the items and they dont work?

Oh dear, I think we're starting to go round in circles...

The customer service part is shoddy - if it were fit for purpose, I would've known in advance that RSC were withdrawing some DLC from Steam to ensure it's compliance with the new set up in TS2013, rather than finding out when I'd intended to buy it...

No, I don't own the missing items, but was looking at buying a couple - which was how I stumbled across the fact that they were missing in the first place.

Anyway, I think we'll just have to agree to disagree.

Darandio

Established Member
Anyway, I think we'll just have to agree to disagree.

Yeah, I cannot see an agreement on this.

I could put in dozens of analogies in everyday life where things are withdrawn without prior notice, but can guarantee that there wouldn't be the same uproar about not being told first.

Stigy

Established Member
Just the same as telling a TOC that a decision they made about a train service alteration was a stupid one, because those in control have no experience with either customer service, or running a railway, surely?

Status
Not open for further replies.