• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Lost Oyster - can I add railcard onto bank account instead?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ValleyLines142

Established Member
Morning,

I'm going to London this afternoon but I've just realised I haven't got my Oyster card on me. I'm looking on the TfL website now, and I have £14 on there. If I select my debit card on there, can I transfer the remaining balance over to it and attach my 26-30 railcard on it when I arrive into London?

Just wondering what the best option is?

Thanks in advance!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

swt_passenger

Veteran Member
You cannot attach any railcards to contactless, and contactless doesn’t use a balance, you’d need to refund that if you decided to go to contactless permanently.

I think in your circumstances it’s probably best to just use your debit card for the day and go back to Oyster when you can.

ValleyLines142

Established Member
You cannot attach any railcards to contactless, and contactless doesn’t use a balance, you’d need to refund that if you decided to go to contactless permanently.

I think in your circumstances it’s probably best to just use your debit card for the day and go back to Oyster when you can.
Fair enough, thank you!

Cdd89

Established Member
There is also the option of purchasing a day off peak TravelCard, using your railcard for a discount (depending on your origin zone; only available as z1-6 or z1-9). z1-6 off peak would be £9.10 after discount.

TUC

Established Member
I recognise the challenges, but are there any thoughts by TfL about how they will resolve this issue in the longer term, given the wider moves towards contactless rather than Oyster?

Status
Not open for further replies.