• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Lost Property on VirginTrains

Status
Not open for further replies.

fireincairo

I left a bag on a train at Manchester today having come from London, only realised it when I got home.

I've rang Virgin, Manchester and Parcelex I think it was, but it hasn't turned up yet.

Is there any likelyhood if it turning up in London? I know Virgin do a bit of a deeper clean on the trains there than they do in Manchester where they push you off and get the next lot of people onto it soon as.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Geezertronic

Established Member
If you are lucky, someone might have handed it in to a member of the train crew which then should find its way to Lost Property (probably at Euston?) ... if you are not then there's no chance of getting it back unfortunately

Mintona

Established Member
Lost property is somewhere strange, I can't remember where. Something like Luton or Hemel Hempstead I think.

Daimler

Established Member
There is a lost property office at Euston, but I would have thought there would be one in Manchester too?

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Depends who finds it. Some stations have different policies, whereby if it's found it goes to the lost property office which is run by a private company, who then charge you to get it back

mick

A few month ago my mum was cuming back devon to wolverhampton on a cross country train and leave a bag on the train so i made a enqiry so the next stop from wolverhampton was stoke on trent ,so a phone call to the staff at stoke station and got my mums bag so i went up to stoke on trent to collect the bag?

mumrar

Established Member
A few month ago my mum was cuming back devon to wolverhampton on a cross country train and leave a bag on the train so i made a enqiry so the next stop from wolverhampton was stoke on trent ,so a phone call to the staff at stoke station and got my mums bag so i went up to stoke on trent to collect the bag?

Just on a personal note, there are certain things in life of which we can be sure and one must be that you should never, ever, without doubt, for any reason write 'my mum was cuming'. Not even if you live on the fens! You can only use 'coming'. It conjures up images I shouldn't ever try to imagine! My brain needs a wash now.

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
The station staff are normally contacted and if one is available then one would go down to the train and have a look for it, although if nobody is available it won't happen - nor will it if it could delay the train or if the train is too busy to check.

Status
Not open for further replies.