• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Lost Property

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike99

Hi,
I know this is random but does anyone know where lost property on a Southern train will land up? I know SWT is at London Waterloo.

Regards

Mike

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

tsr

Established Member
London Victoria appears to be where most of it ends up, but should you have lost (or lose) anything check with station staff at the destination of the train and at the station you alighted at, if this is different.

Unfortunately customer service staff have been noted to be polite but vague about lost property.

BestWestern

Established Member
Just to back up the previous post, from tsr - bear in mind that if the train has run to or through a station operated by another company, if the Guard hands over any lost property at these locations it will generally go through that company's lost property system. So a Southern from London Vic to Portsmouth Harbour, or Brighton to Southampton Central, would end up at a SWT station for example. In which case it is worth contacting all TOC's through whose territory the train has passed and stopped in, just in case!

Hope that helps :)

brianthegiant

never had much luck retrieving lost property :(
all my bags have my mobile number written inside now...
maybe I'm more forgetful than most people....

Yew

Established Member
What service where you on, Its a good idea to check the destination station too, a simple phone call should do it :) And you never know, we might even have the guard from that train on the forum. Although I cant say for certain if we have any southern staff.

Status
Not open for further replies.