• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Lothian Buses and ECB Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

etetetetet

Anyone been on the 13 plate single deckers? I noticed they had been refurbished with high back chairs and charging ports and the like. While this is pretty nice, what has happened to the legroom?

I swear they're the worst bus ive ever sat on! I'm only about 170cm tall (which isn't that much) and I can barely fit.
I swear it just gets worse.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

ScotRail158725

Established Member
Anyone been on the 13 plate single deckers? I noticed they had been refurbished with high back chairs and charging ports and the like. While this is pretty nice, what has happened to the legroom?

I swear they're the worst bus ive ever sat on! I'm only about 170cm tall (which isn't that much) and I can barely fit.
aye there all going through interior refurbs. ive not been on them post refurb but thats bas if your 5”6 and barely fit, im 6”3 so i have not a chance

A330Alex

Being a, as I was described by a homeless guy on Princes Street today, tall c**t (6’7) I’m happy to trade some legroom for the high back seats as I find them much more comfortable but it just gets silly at a point

etetetetet

its not so bad on a quick journey but you really feel it after a while especially if someone is next to you

Then again, I suppose I did decide to ride the 45... might have been better waiting

buslad1988

Don’t think you’ll have to worry about them for too much longer... as you may have noticed they’ve been refurbished but not repainted. So likely to be off to LCB for new X38 in a few weeks.

Bus9120UK

Established Member
Don’t think you’ll have to worry about them for too much longer... as you may have noticed they’ve been refurbished but not repainted. So likely to be off to LCB for new X38 in a few weeks.
I hope. Eclipse 2's are my fav single deckers. They would look amazing.

SpeedbirdA350

Anyone been on the 13 plate single deckers? I noticed they had been refurbished with high back chairs and charging ports and the like

I was on a 13 plate 7905LH the other day and it was not with high backs. 1-10 are going no where as far as I know? Unless you mean Eclipse 2 B7RLE 176-190 from Marine which it was spoken about not many pages ago that they had not been painted but had had an internal refurb.

ScotRail158725

Established Member
I was on a 13 plate 7905LH the other day and it was not with high backs. 1-10 are going no where as far as I know? Unless you mean Eclipse 2 B7RLE 176-190 from Marine which it was spoken about not many pages ago that they had not been painted but had had an internal refurb.
aye it is 176-190 hes on about

route101

Established Member
Even though I like the interior refurbs, I prefer the older seats. Much more comfortable.

Depends how upright they are , the new deckers seats are upright . I notice on Edinburgh Eclipses that on one side the seats are single file .

ScotRail158725

Established Member
Looks like the yellow paint doesnt work either on their recent B7 sales, First yellow tape was used but taken off by M-Line so they used yellow paint right round instead but looks like Barnetts has just painted over the yellow paint. https://flic.kr/p/2huMgJx

Observer

At the end of the day if Lothian are that bothered about their livery being used the only way around it is to repaint them before selling and add the paint cost to the sale.

ScotRail158725

Established Member
At the end of the day if Lothian are that bothered about their livery being used the only way around it is to repaint them before selling and add the paint cost to the sale.
The 04 plate tridents that went to Marbill were painted white at an extra cost with the sale. as you say if they dont want companies using their livery then they should just repaint them and add too the cost of the sale

SpeedbirdA350

I was speaking with my mother earlier and she said she could remember a bus that went Victor Paris towards town and go over Dean Bridge. I said 28 but she said she thought it was 34/35 aswell. (One way 34, other way 35). This would be mid to late 70s in to very early 80s. Can anyone help here? It's before my time. Also, I don't suppose anyone woudl have a route map from around that era? They are impossible to find. Nostalgia... it's fun but fustrating lol. Thanks

DunsBus

Established Member
I was speaking with my mother earlier and she said she could remember a bus that went Victor Paris towards town and go over Dean Bridge. I said 28 but she said she thought it was 34/35 aswell. (One way 34, other way 35). This would be mid to late 70s in to very early 80s. Can anyone help here? It's before my time. Also, I don't suppose anyone woudl have a route map from around that era? They are impossible to find. Nostalgia... it's fun but fustrating lol. Thanks

It was the old 34/35. These disappeared in March 2000, in the first stage of the Renilson revamp.

Route was -

34: Sighthill, Gorgie, Fountainbridge, Lothian Road, Charlotte Square, Dean Bridge, Stockbridge, Canonmills, Bonnington, Leith, Lochend, London Road, Leith Street, Tron, Lawnmarket, Fountainbridge, Slateford, Longstone and back out to Sighthill.

35: above route reversed.

Dundee Street was served by both services in both directions.

SpeedbirdA350

Thank you DunsBus, I am suprised to hear it was 2000 though. I should have remembered that! I guess my brain is starting to lose information now lol.

Lothian_Bus

It was the old 34/35. These disappeared in March 2000, in the first stage of the Renilson revamp.

Route was -

34: Sighthill, Gorgie, Fountainbridge, Lothian Road, Charlotte Square, Dean Bridge, Stockbridge, Canonmills, Bonnington, Leith, Lochend, London Road, Leith Street, Tron, Lawnmarket, Fountainbridge, Slateford, Longstone and back out to Sighthill.

35: above route reversed.

Dundee Street was served by both services in both directions.

Thank you DunsBus, I am suprised to hear it was 2000 though. I should have remembered that! I guess my brain is starting to lose information now lol.

The Dundee Street part of the route must have caught a few people out over the years - particularly visitors.

DunsBus

Established Member
For a short period the route was shared with First Bus as well.

Or to br more precise, a pre-First Eastern Scottish. They had the tender for the evening and Sunday on the 34/35 from deregulation in 1986 until LRT won it back in July 1989. Unlike the fairly recent situation on the 18, where the service timetable showed the First journeys, no mention was made by either LRT or Eastern of the other party's involvement with the 34/35 on the relevant timetables, so you needed two timetables for the full service.

Auld reekie

Or to br more precise, a pre-First Eastern Scottish. They had the tender for the evening and Sunday on the 34/35 from deregulation in 1986 until LRT won it back in July 1989. Unlike the fairly recent situation on the 18, where the service timetable showed the First journeys, no mention was made by either LRT or Eastern of the other party's involvement with the 34/35 on the relevant timetables, so you needed two timetables for the full service.
Didn’t realise it was that long ago.

Lothian_Bus

Well covered. There were others such as the 13 and 38 that also went to Eastern Scottish before coming back a few years later.

The 13 has left Lothian again though as we know - to Edinburgh Coach Lines.

DunsBus

Established Member
Well covered. There were others such as the 13 and 38 that also went to Eastern Scottish before coming back a few years later.

The 13 has left Lothian again though as we know - to Edinburgh Coach Lines.

From memory, Eastern had the tenders for the full service on the 13 and 38, the Sunday service on the 15, the evening and Sunday service on the 34/35 and 42/46, and the night buses 201-205. All were won back by LRT in July 1989. They also had the 60 for a few months after deregulation, and ran the evening and Sunday 23 as a tender for just under a year (October 1986-September 1987). The Eastern tender was cancelled when LRT restored a full-day, all week service on the 23; Eastern, however, continued to run what had been the tendered journeys commercially and added a daytime service soon afterwards.

Are there any Lothian (City) service changes/improvements on the 17th, or is it just Lothian Country?

Last edited:

Darklord8899

Are there any Lothian (City) service changes/improvements on the 17th, or is it just Lothian Country?

I believe the only change which has gone through vosa for the 17th is for Airlink 100 and that's just to amend stopping places.

Darklord8899

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.