• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Lothian Buses and ECB Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jordan Adam

Established Member

Lothian converting them made perfect sense, we have E350Hs up here (almost identical drive-train) and the batteries on them are nothing but bother one of them (29006) was off the road most of last year and even now often randomly cuts out for no reason, they have no clue why. The engines are also under lots of strain as they're at high RPMs almost constantly. That being said i wish with the conversions they had went for a better drive train, the 4 cyl unit is far too small to push a long wheelbase decker of that size.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

ScotRail158725

Established Member
anyone know why 1012 is at Grangemouth Painters? been their for a month now, i have an idea that it might be heading to LC but im unsure

SpeedbirdA350

Oh the B5LHs the batteries are stored under that seat. As such pretty much all B5LHs have that moulded in seat
Is there any reason however, that the B5TL could nort have 2 twin seats in the same place? (not necessarily moulded). IMO it would have made the B5TL better.

OmniCity999

Established Member
A few members of 841-850 are joining Lothian Country from Lothian Motorcoaches as well as some of the 13 plate B7RLEs from Lothian to plump up the Euro 6 fleet. The Arriva singles will be removed from active service.

stantheman

On Moderation
I have noticed that 201 etc tend to be more common on Torphin than Bonaly on the 10 , or is it my imagination ?

ScotRail158725

Established Member
A few members of 841-850 are joining Lothian Country from Lothian Motorcoaches as well as some of the 13 plate B7RLEs from Lothian to plump up the Euro 6 fleet. The Arriva singles will be removed from active service.
will the lmc ones get trackers? annoying when they dont have them because you cant see any delays

Lothian_Bus

I have noticed that 201 etc tend to be more common on Torphin than Bonaly on the 10 , or is it my imagination ?

Possibly although at this exact moment I can see (from lvf.io) that 861, 870 and 203 are heading to Torphin with 208, 214 and 215 Bonaly bound.

OmniCity999

Established Member
Thanks for the update as always. Seems an odd choice to hook them first, them being newer than and having better interior spec than the native LB 04s? Are they being bothersome?

Their all on there way out over time, the worst of the lot of all the B7RLE's will be removed from service, so it may well be some of the Lothian ones. Although theres a lot of mechanical issues arising with the Arriva ones.

will the lmc ones get trackers? annoying when they dont have them because you cant see any delays

Trackers fitted, but muted. Not required for general public use so not active. Over time they will be activated.

at the moment lothian country doesn’t have the TAP TAP CAP
I've been using contactless tapping and capping on Lothian Country's 43, X43 and N43 routes successfully, so I don't think that can be true in general.

Or ECB
(Although, in my opinion, the ECB system is the better one to use initially, before progressing to capping in the future)
This probably explains why I was stung paying by contactless on a 113 within Edinburgh the other day. I thought it might have been included in the daily cap. Expensive lesson learned - a whole £1.70!

IIRC the 43 is actually under Lothian (city) at the moment, hence the daily capping. At the next service change it's going over to Lothian Country proper.
Yes, there seems to be some rather complicated relationship where a sheet of paper is stuck to a vehicle window saying 'under contract to Lothian Buses' or something like that. I hope it doesn't spell the end of contactless capping next month as I've become quite used to it.

On a slightly different note, when I receive a ticket for a journey on the Skylink 200 it mentions Lothian Country at the bottom, like the tickets from the 43. Is this just a mistake or some other complicated scheme? I don't have one to hand at the moment so can'e describe exactly what it says.

Weemidi135

I've been using contactless tapping and capping on Lothian Country's 43, X43 and N43 routes successfully, so I don't think that can be true in general.

Expensive lesson learned - a whole £1

the 43s are still a lothian route and have the lothian system so it’s true

the 43s are still a lothian route and have the lothian system so it’s true
Oh dear, that doesn't sound good.
I believe the 43 is adopted by Lothian Country from Sunday 17 November. Hopefully an exception can be made allowing this service to continue with contactless capping. Otherwise there might be some rather unhappy passengers who currently use it. Parts of the 43 route are shared with the 41 and 63 which would be on a different system.

Driver362

Those arriva singles also chuck out some amount of reek. Don't get me wrong think there geared for 100 mph lol so sit at a decent pace out in the open. The exhaust also comes streight out from under the bumber causing scorching and soot marks all up the back of the bus, not a great image!, why a small piece of old exhaust could not have been welded to the top to angle it towards the ground I don't know

SpeedbirdA350

Does anyone know what fleet number this year will carry the poppy livery? 551 was usually chosen but given 551 is now with LCB, it's doubtful to be that. Might it be one of the 67 plate B5LHs that are in Grangemouth at the moment?

A330Alex

Does anyone know what fleet number this year will carry the poppy livery? 551 was usually chosen but given 551 is now with LCB, it's doubtful to be that. Might it be one of the 67 plate B5LHs that are in Grangemouth at the moment?
I think 551 is back with LB now. Saw it on a city route last week!

ScotRail158725

Established Member
551 has been in and out of city and LCB work. Is it even confirmed if theres one? If there is id guess and hope 584

SpeedbirdA350

I think 551 is back with LB now. Saw it on a city route last week!
Thank you. I never knew it was back. Maybe 551 will be back on Poppy duties again then.
551 has been in and out of city and LCB work. Is it even confirmed if theres one? If there is id guess and hope 584
584 will retain the LGBT livery for a bit. Not been confirmed but Lothian never confirmed 2017 or 2018 until the day before the reveal, however they know it's also good PR for them. So yes, it's an assumption, but one with weight behind it.

A330Alex

Thank you. I never knew it was back. Maybe 551 will be back on Poppy duties again then.
584 will retain the LGBT livery for a bit. Not been confirmed but Lothian never confirmed 2017 or 2018 until the day before the reveal, however they know it's also good PR for them. So yes, it's an assumption, but one with weight behind it.
I hope they keep 584 in the Pride livery - it’s nice to have something different and colourful!

Darklord8899

I hope they keep 584 in the Pride livery - it’s nice to have something different and colourful!

Agreed, I really like 584 with pride livery, certainly now days are getting shorter, lovely to see something colourful about.
Not to mention, in this day and age there should be equality for everyone, regardless of sexuality or gender.

SpeedbirdA350

i dont, the wrap looks absolutely dreadful .
What is it you don't like about the livery? I think the artwork is nice, its blended in well and is nice and bright :)
Agreed, I really like 584 with pride livery, certainly now days are getting shorter, lovely to see something colourful about.
Not to mention, in this day and age there should be equality for everyone, regardless of sexuality or gender.
This is 2019... soon to be 2020. It is nice to see it about especially in the winter. Same as the poppy bus (which might be 551 this year again).

Lothian285

Edinburgh Bus Tours have just published their winter season timetables today and it's interesting to note that the 3 Bridges Tour will be operating in the winter this year.

Bus9120UK

Established Member
Edinburgh Bus Tours have just published their winter season timetables today and it's interesting to note that the 3 Bridges Tour will be operating in the winter this year.
Intresting. Annoys me that they used pictures of the Tridents for the leaflet!

Status
Not open for further replies.