• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Lothian Buses and ECB Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

CM

I saw the ultimate in broken roller displays today at Heriot Watt with 131. The thing was displaying Pencaitland on route 56 when it drove in, which confused the hell out of me, with a wonky 6 stuck halfway between 6 and 7.

Eventually realized it was actually the 45... These things need to be fixed or done away with.

I think the earlier B7TLs and B7RLEs had Bright-Tech blinds and side LEDs fitted from new. However, Bright-Tech is no longer with us so parts for them might be difficult, if not impossible to come by.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

scotrail158713

Established Member
I saw the ultimate in broken roller displays today at Heriot Watt with 131. The thing was displaying Pencaitland on route 56 when it drove in, which confused the hell out of me, with a wonky 6 stuck halfway between 6 and 7.

Eventually realized it was actually the 45... These things need to be fixed or done away with.
Lothian need to sort that. That shouldn’t be allowed. I can take a slight error - I saw a 113 in Tranent the other day, Edinburgh-bound but displaying Pencaitland - but the completely wrong number and a destination not related in the slightest to the route is unacceptable. You have no way of knowing what bus that’s even meant to be.

ScotRail158725

Established Member
Bus 19 had a crash with a van on Gorgie road at Balgreen road today. 3 decent sized incidents in a week for lothian

SpeedbirdA350

Why are things going so bad for lothian just now.
I don't agree nor see your point. Bus 181 caught fire - fires happen. Bus 308 hit a patch of black ice and skidded - happens more than you think and is down to weather. Bus 19 was caught up in RTC but we have no details on so can't comment. Or have I missed your point?

Jordan Adam

Established Member
I don't agree nor see your point. Bus 181 caught fire - fires happen. Bus 308 hit a patch of black ice and skidded - happens more than you think and is down to weather. Bus 19 was caught up in RTC but we have no details on so can't comment. Or have I missed your point?

Lothian have had a streak of bad luck lately tbh.

Jordan Adam

Established Member
With a fleet of over 900 buses, 1000 inc all other vehicles, it's to be expected that you're going to have an accident at some stage.

This is true, however they have had quite a number of back to back incidents this year, certainly more than the norm.

Jordan Adam

Established Member
ive still not seen the damage to it, how bad is it?

WWK4gi2.jpg

Not my photo!

nessapean

Just doesn't seem to be a great year for lothian. Lots going on and if you look at the complaints on social media they're not doing well with the public. I k ow there's driver shortages all over but lothian seem to be very short just now.

Jordan Adam

Established Member
at least they could use some of the branding there:lol: (if it gets fixed which id assume it will)

Indeed, i'd guess it will be fixed. I was wondering though what the cause of the fire was, perhaps the Euro 6 exhaust system? Certainly it seems the source of the Fire was in that area.

Perhaps adding to the bad luck i see sister 184 has crashed in to a gazebo in Linlithgow... Ohh wait it's the X38 Launch event :P

ScotRail158725

Established Member
Indeed, i'd guess it will be fixed. I was wondering though what the cause of the fire was, perhaps the Euro 6 exhaust system? Certainly it seems the source of the Fire was in that area.

yeah id assume so, id guess it will be fixed cosnidering 133 was and. its about 8 years older

buslad1988

25 has been diverted around the research road at Heriot Watt, no reason given. Wonder why?

This is a regular thing the past few nights due to heavy delays around the entrance to Heriot Watt. 25, 35 and 63 all diverted around the research park to maintain reliability. No bus stops missed so no major problem.

takno

Established Member
Just doesn't seem to be a great year for lothian. Lots going on and if you look at the complaints on social media they're not doing well with the public. I k ow there's driver shortages all over but lothian seem to be very short just now.
There was a bit of a fuss over a strike earlier in the year which didn't happen. No obvious signs that they are struggling to with drivers, still popular, still raking in money. I think it's possible to make too much out of a few angry people on twitter and a few small crashes.

Last edited:

Bus9120UK

Established Member
Apparently 5 of the Gemini 1 B7's have been refurbished.
2 People both saying they saw them refurbished.

But I believe they may be lying. I believe its false now as I checked LVF and the vehicle they said was out all year

Last edited:

CM

But I believe they may be lying.

It's more likely to be the Gemini 1 B9TLs as they B7TLs all seem to be in the process of being withdrawn and sold.

OmniCity999

Established Member

But I believe they may be lying. I believe its false now as I checked LVF and the vehicle they said was out all year

Probably B9 Gemini 2's.

However the parallel hybrid B7's may be ready.

Auld reekie

There was a bit of a fuss over a strike earlier in the year which didn't happen. No obvious signs that they are struggling to with drivers, still popular, still raking in money. I think it's possible to make too much out of a few angry people on twitter and a few small crashes.
Longstone alone are about 45 drivers short.

DunsBus

Established Member
its the last day of the wrap, it will either get a new one or a repaint

Judging by the reaction on various social media platforms to this news, you'd think there'd been a death in the family. Some of the gushing over Hamish by the frothers over the last few years has been on a par with winners' speeches at the Oscars.

I don't recall any mass mourning happening in 1995 when Atlantean 658 was painted back into fleet livery after spending ten years as an overall advert for the Daily Record and Sunday Mail newspapers, but we didn't have social media back then. It was repainted without any fuss or fanfare.

Frothers, take note!

ScotRail158725

Established Member
Judging by the reaction on various social media platforms to this news, you'd think there'd been a death in the family. Some of the gushing over Hamish by the frothers over the last few years has been on a par with winners' speeches at the Oscars.

I don't recall any mass mourning happening in 1995 when Atlantean 658 was painted back into fleet livery after spending ten years as an overall advert for the Daily Record and Sunday Mail newspapers, but we didn't have social media back then. It was repainted without any fuss or fanfare.

Frothers, take note!
it is a mad overreaction. i dont even like the livery that much i liked the fact it had a name more

Status
Not open for further replies.