• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Lothian Buses and ECB Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

VioletEclipse

Ex-Londoners all getting T-Ads fitted.
Also, the gold stripe along the madder skirt panels is no more, 387, 389 & 420 all returned without it
387 also has a nearside fleet number - or did when I last saw it - which is nice to have back if it's staying
I prefer the livery without the gold stripe, but it does mean we have hardly any continuity in the fleet

ScotRail158725

Established Member
387 also has a nearside fleet number - or did when I last saw it - which is nice to have back if it's staying
I prefer the livery without the gold stripe, but it does mean we have hardly any continuity in the fleet
wheres the nearside fleetnumber? 420 doesnt have depot code so id assume the fleet number is where that was

ScotRail158725

Established Member
Bringing in extra revenue through adverts and cutting down on costs when it comes to vehicle presentation... Halls departure already being noticed! :lol:
dont know why they never had T adverts in the first place. i get why they were changed as London T adverts have a longer part above the cab which is different from the rest of the uk

buslad1988

dont know why they never had T adverts in the first place. i get why they were changed as London T adverts have a longer part above the cab which is different from the rest of the uk
I always assumed that they were just phasing out T adverts altogether; especially with glass staircase deckers not having them and native B7’s (and B9’s eventually) being withdrawn. Made sense for them to standardise going forward. Is there really much difference in revenue to warrant changing them all again to T’s?

Does removing the gold stripe also make much difference too? Seems they are just changing small things about for the sake of it as soon as Hall has departed.

We’ve also still had no firm confirmation of this years new vehicle in take... are they changing some of Halls plans regarding this too?

Edinburgh tours must be taking a massive hit atm with rapidly declining visitor numbers! Also confirmed today this years Royal Highland Show has been cancelled so that’s another major money spinner gone.

Also FYI Airlink now operating a Saturday service too.

ScotRail158725

Established Member
I always assumed that they were just phasing out T adverts altogether; especially with glass staircase deckers not having them and native B7’s (and B9’s eventually) being withdrawn. Made sense for them to standardise going forward. Is there really much difference in revenue to warrant changing them all again to T’s?

Does removing the gold stripe also make much difference too? Seems they are just changing small things about for the sake of it as soon as Hall has departed.
T-adverts make a difference in revenue because 99% of ads are either rectangle ads OR t-adverts meaning if t-adverts were phased out they’d loose revenue from people who use those and that would also be bad for the advertiser as they’d loose a portion if their edinburgh advertising

buslad1988

Correct me if I am wrong but Airlink don't have Saturday service as far as I know, as they run every 10 minutes 7 days per week.
From an outsiders perspective yes; you wouldn’t notice much (if any) difference. But the move has been taken to reduce the number of drivers required releasing them for city work. All this a temporary measure btw.

buslad1988

Looking extremely likely there’ll be a reduction to the network coming in the next few days... potentially operating to Saturday or Sunday timetables.

Pyromaniac

Hello All,

I'm after a quick bit of help with Lothian depot information. I've done a lot of searching online but with the various legal entities for the Lothian group I cannot find an overall depot capacity for the 8 Lothian depots...is there anyone who does have the information to hand as I would find this useful.

Many Thanks,

PT

ScotRail158725

Established Member
Hello All,

I'm after a quick bit of help with Lothian depot information. I've done a lot of searching online but with the various legal entities for the Lothian group I cannot find an overall depot capacity for the 8 Lothian depots...is there anyone who does have the information to hand as I would find this useful.

Many Thanks,

PT
you looking for capacity or how many/what vehicles are allocated to where?

Andyh82

Established Member
With falling visitors in general and also Royal Yacht Britannia now being closed, I’d expect them to withdraw the majestic tour and Edinburgh tour, and just keep City Sightseeing at a reduced frequency?

Pyromaniac

you looking for capacity or how many/what vehicles are allocated to where?

I was looking for total depot capacity if this is possible? I have found a Lothian fleetlist on UKBuses which is a good indicator, but some depots might be undersubcribed etc.

The VOSA information for Lothian Group is a nightmare, I honestly have no clue how they manage it themselves!

Thanks,

PT

Status
Not open for further replies.