• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Lothian Buses and ECB Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

SpeedbirdA350

Ever since I was small boy . I always had a passion of Edinburgh Buses past and present and as you well know we are currently experiencing a very strange period. Hopefully things will get back to normal only time will tell.
Once lockdown is lifted I wonder if the service changes scheduled to take effect from 29th of March will be delayed once normal service is resumed .
Welcome! I know you joined years ago but we did not know about you until now :)

I would expect LB to do so yes. It maybe a while, and they may go to a weekend service before going to a full schedule but they should use that timetable, although they may tweak it.

I've had an '07 B7RLE that didn't have 63 on the number board.
I used to see that fairly often as a bus passenger on the 63, sometimes the number would say 61 or 6-blank as an alternative. I noticed passengers along the journey who only realised at the last second that it was the bus they wanted. There wasn't any attempt to show the number elsewhere, like a hand-written sheet using marker pen in the windscreen. Does failing to disply the correct number breach some kind of Traffic Commissioner rule? Do drivers report the issue back so that it can be either avoided or rectified? As I say, it wasn't just once - such vehicles were sent out for months.
Obviously the matter may be rather academic given present/future circumstances, unless the same buses are cascaded to First!

CN04NRJ

Established Member
IMO it doesn’t look too bad. I suppose that if that’s the extent of our criticisms of Lothian though then they’re doing a decent job.

I think the new font looks pretty similar to the one used on the Hanover displays. Quite like it myself but I agree it looks squashed on the back of those 7900s.

Bus9120UK

Established Member
I think the new font looks pretty similar to the one used on the Hanover displays. Quite like it myself but I agree it looks squashed on the back of those 7900s.
I like the look of it on the back of the 7900 for some reason. At times I feel like it looks like Hanover displays but it just doesn't do it for me. Shame, there was no point. However depending on the route, it might look like nothing like hanovers. This photo was taken on a route 400 (not by me) and it looks terrible https://www.flickr.com/photos/gfwlothianbuses/49778591886/in/pool-3426208@N20/

Last edited:

TheEastCoaster

Established Member
Bit random but had a late night thought and I’m unsure if it was mentioned on here before

Does anyone know why East Coast Buses doesn’t have the TfE logo on their buses like Lothian Buses do? I know Lothian Country had them till last year then they removed it and I can’t remember why, if they are all under the same family and have linking ticket options including the tram why wouldn’t they have the logo incorporated on all the buses? I don’t know it was just a thought :D

OmniCity999

Established Member
Bit random but had a late night thought and I’m unsure if it was mentioned on here before

Does anyone know why East Coast Buses doesn’t have the TfE logo on their buses like Lothian Buses do? I know Lothian Country had them till last year then they removed it and I can’t remember why, if they are all under the same family and have linking ticket options including the tram why wouldn’t they have the logo incorporated on all the buses? I don’t know it was just a thought :D

Having the TfE logo on buses was the brainchild of Ian Craig. Richard hall didnt like TfE's involvement in the bus network and ordered their removal. Buses that served a percentage of their route in Edinburgh kept the logo longer than the other brands.

The current incarnation of Lothian Country hasnt held TfE logos to my knowledge, it was just the previous incarnation which was rebranded as East Coast Buses. When they were repainted, they lost the Logo's.

When the current incarnation of Lothian Country started, they never got the Logos just like East Coast buses never had them. The only vehicles that will hold the logo going forward will be 1125 and any other promotion vehicles that promote TfE themselves, potentially the exhibition Dart. Any vehicle still fitted with them will lose them soon, unless a new MD likes the interference from TfE in which case, they'll come back

ScotRail158725

Established Member
Any vehicle still fitted with them will lose them soon, unless a new MD likes the interference from TfE in which case, they'll come back
a few of B7s and 552-570 still have them other than that they all changed to the 100 years thing

OmniCity999

Established Member
My friend Rob's updated his fleetlist. The website he previously used wont be getting updated for the time being.

He feels it's rather messy so he's asked if you could bare with him.

The only bit he's really not confident about is 703-927 and some depot arrangements. Any sold or long term unused vehicles are deleted. Medium term unused are highlighted grey.

Feel free to suggest any amendments and i can pass them on, i'll be helping him with it as i now have some time on my hands with work being quiet.

This is the accurate to the date of March 15th. With the belief being everything will go back to this or similar.

One thing i am aware of is the Zoo branded buses not having all their wraps detailed, i'll get on this in the next few days.

Enjoy

A shareable version is available here: www.shorturl.at/cflJ9

Attachments

• Lothian Group Single List APRIL 2020.pdf
    430 KB · Views: 66
Last edited:

SpeedbirdA350

I have missed that list Omni! Thank you :) Can I ask that the Route Allocations part is put back in, as it was always helpful info.

Maybe another suggestion would be to put all sold vehicles at the bottom instead of deleting, with possible a note to where they were last sold to.

CN04NRJ

Established Member
My friend Rob's updated his fleetlist. The website he previously used wont be getting updated for the time being.

The only bit he's really not confident about is 703-927 and some depot arrangements. Any sold or long term unused vehicles are deleted. Medium term unused are highlighted grey.

Feel free to suggest any amendments and i can pass them on, i'll be helping him with it as i now have some time on my hands with work being quiet.

This is the accurate to the date of March 15th. With the belief being everything will go back to this or similar.

One thing i am aware of is the Zoo branded buses not having all their wraps detailed, i'll get on this in the next few days.

Enjoy

Some of the allocations seem to be off, I'm sure 826/827 (07 plates) etc are at Longstone along with some of the B7TLs?

Edirim

Great to see this list return - really a one in everything list (almost too much in one if you ask me but that's not to take away from the great effort put into it.)

I stumbled across this other website a few days ago when I was trying to find the old website Rob had (https://lothiangroupenthus.wixsite.com/website/family/Lothian-City-Buses) quite decent also.

Agree that sold vehicles (say only in the past x number of years) are moved to a separate section and perhaps those buses not used in 2-4 weeks are greyed out until they return/sold/removed from fleet - must be quite the task to keep up with.

Its a great list but will be tricky to keep updated so often (unless you plan to do it once every 2 weeks or something?)

OmniCity999

Established Member
Great to see this list return - really a one in everything list (almost too much in one if you ask me but that's not to take away from the great effort put into it.)

I stumbled across this other website a few days ago when I was trying to find the old website Rob had (https://lothiangroupenthus.wixsite.com/website/family/Lothian-City-Buses) quite decent also.

Agree that sold vehicles (say only in the past x number of years) are moved to a separate section and perhaps those buses not used in 2-4 weeks are greyed out until they return/sold/removed from fleet - must be quite the task to keep up with.

Its a great list but will be tricky to keep updated so often (unless you plan to do it once every 2 weeks or something?)
I have missed that list Omni! Thank you :) Can I ask that the Route Allocations part is put back in, as it was always helpful info.

Maybe another suggestion would be to put all sold vehicles at the bottom instead of deleting, with possible a note to where they were last sold to.

It's never really been of great interest to me, but if you could collate the information I could put it together - feel free to private message me any information you have, stretching back to tridents.
Some of the allocations seem to be off, I'm sure 826/827 (07 plates) etc are at Longstone along with some of the B7TLs?
I'll get on it today

ScotRail158725

Established Member

Enjoy

826-832 are LS based, 703, 705-708, 757, 758, 760, 788, 806-812, 814, 823-825 are LS based, 751, 754, 762, 764, 766-767, 786-787, 790-791, 813, 815-818, 822 are Marine based, other than that it seems right

DunsBus

Established Member
Also, 1029 can safely be removed as we can take it as read that it's a write-off.

SpeedbirdA350

Also 181, if I recall it was burnt out in Livi on day 1 I think of service, and was sent for scrap (those buses could also be placed in the "gone" section as they left the company with notes section saying what their fate was)

OmniCity999

Established Member

ScotRail158725

Established Member
Also 181, if I recall it was burnt out in Livi on day 1 I think of service, and was sent for scrap (those buses could also be placed in the "gone" section as they left the company with notes section saying what their fate was)
181 was sent straight for scrap? that was unexpected

Status
Not open for further replies.