• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

West Lothian buses

Status
Not open for further replies.

overthewater

Established Member
Yet everyone say lothian good vaule. Why would they need to keep its main prices low if its such good vaule at over 100 a month for only 20 days worth of travel..

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

In Focus

It appears LCB have once again extended their m-ticket offer, this time with no expiration date.
I was always lead it believe these "special fares/ promotional fares" had a 3 month time limit and them they either had to be removed or made a permanent thing, obviously not though.

overthewater

Established Member
Its crap, Lothian needs to come back with price match ticket for the West lothian area and ticket that cover 28 days for 28 days worth of travel, if needs be then have three variations.

* West Lothian only
* West Lothian PLUS travel into Edinburgh
* West Lothian PLUS travel within and on Lothian buses as well.
* Lothian Network ticket - for everything

VioletEclipse

Its crap, Lothian needs to come back with price match ticket for the West lothian area and ticket that cover 28 days for 28 days worth of travel, if needs be then have three variations.

* West Lothian only
I agree, if they are serious about continuing in WL then it's an obvious thing for them to do.

TheEastCoaster

Established Member

* West Lothian only

I think the CountryWest and Lothian West tickets are fine personally, since they serve the same purpose like the East Coast counterparts and give similar benefits which some folk might appreciate especially if you plan to commute from Livingston to Leith/Portobello/Morningside etc.. however a “WestPlus” ticket would be a nice touch, a little more than CountryWest and less than Lothian West. £5.50? so it would only be 50p more than the CountryWest for City/CityWest travel on any Lothian Country service.

More if a question is when does a "special/promotional " fare stop becoming that and become the actual cost ?

Lothiand response to someone’s comment on Facebook stated the £120 cost would be if you bought 20 LothianWest tickets individually, it seems the promotional costs are here to stay anyway. Unless Lothian are planning to bring back the magic plastic card to the West than it’s only benefactors are those travelling within the county

overthewater

Established Member
There DO NOT serve same purpose like the East Coast counterparts and give similar benefits. East coast has 28 Days tickets, West Lothian has 20 day tickets., for the same price etc. If people wish to continue how wonderful the day tickets then fine, but don't expect the rest of us like the member of the public to listen any more. Poor value

TheEastCoaster

Established Member
There DO NOT serve same purpose like the East Coast counterparts and give similar benefits. East coast has 28 Days tickets, West Lothian has 20 day tickets., for the same price etc. If people wish to continue how wonderful the day tickets then fine, but don't expect the rest of us like the member of the public to listen any more. Poor value

Right sorry... haha forgive me I didn’t do the math, though knowing East Coast have more tickets sure explain why their ticket bundles cost more.. though with the similar benefits I was more talking about the actual daytickets themselves and not the bundles.. like just how the CountryPlus and LothianWest tickets are just East and West counterparts, lets not give up hope just yet haha, 6 months on maybe LCB will surprise the public with something amazing hopefully

SpeedbirdA350

With Lothian looking like they are going to rebrand the main service buses to LothianCity (as we can see from the XLBs), do you think they will rebrand LCB and ECB too so we have LothianWest and LothianEast? Or even put LCB/ECB under the same umbrella of LothianCountry? Maybe if they done this, it would come with a refresh on tickets too?

Jordan Adam

Established Member
I'm surprised Lothian didn't bid for the Flyby take over. 'flylothian' kind of has a nice ring to it. That said going for such a move would risk exposing Halls bullying side. :lol:

Jordan Adam

Established Member
Oh no, don't. I think that is (quite literally) called aiming far too high. :D

From what i hear, some residents in Malta would love to send a certain Mr Hall up high on a one way trip to Mars! I better shush before the Lothian Police come after me. *hides*

route101

Established Member
Whats the deal with the white B5TL on the x18 i caught ? First Lothian driver that hadnt seen a plusbus too.

Darklord8899

Iirc the "poppy bus" is 551 (currently at Longstone)
LCB also have plain white Buses, which as some said above are 571-574

Lothian_Bus

572 is on the x18 today. I am sure these will remain white for the time being so they can be used on Lothian or LCB.

Status
Not open for further replies.