• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Lots of lobbying to open old railways recently!

Status
Not open for further replies.

richieb1971

Established Member
Hi,

In recent weeks I've seen a lot of lobbying to reopen railways. Especially those shutdown in the Beeching cuts.

Since then I've been getting local feeds on my phone to try and lobby to reopen several lines, most in the north but some closer to my home.

The Northampton Bedford railway idea has been around for ages, but now we have EWR it seems a little short sighted. The new plans for EWR go through BDM and therefore any direct connection from Northampton to Cambridge using that line would bypass Bedford completely.

It seems strange that there is new interest in the railways considering some railways can't profit under Covid19 conditions.

Sorry if this has been discussed, some of you use subject lines hard to find in the UK rail forum.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

lordbusiness

Lots of coverage in the local rags in Norfolk about it. Specifically Dereham to Norwich and Kings Lynn to sunny Hunny.

Much as I'd like to see it I don't think either one has got much chance.

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
There’s already a few threads on this as helpfully linked to above, so will close this

Status
Not open for further replies.