• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Low Moor - new station - now open

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bantamzen

Established Member
The T&A are reporting that it will now open on Sunday 2 April http://www.thetelegraphandargus.co....or_long_awaited_railway_station/?ref=mrb&lp=3

The article says the first train to call will be the 0830/0832 to Halifax. Although the GC to London is due through at 0802. Are Grand Central calling from day 1?

It seems so, 1A81 Ex 07:55 from Bradford to Kings Cross is booked to call at 08:02:

http://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/train/Y42023/2017/04/02/advanced

I'm suprised that the T&A missed that.

No hold on, I'm not suprised after all..... :D

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

jbg

Still no tickets available to buy online which is strange.

It took months for Kirkstall Forge to appear on the machines at Leeds, after it had opened. So no, it's not a surprise actually.

Geeves

Established Member
They are available now on the Star machine in the office here at Salford Crescent

61653 HTAFC

Veteran Member
Anyone else hoping to be on the first service? Not sure I'll be able to get over to Bradford in time on a Sunday morning, so may aim to board the first at LMR instead if that's more do-able.

Video of first train calling.

The TVM at the station has the fares loaded but declines all payments.

The PIS does not seem to have platforms loaded, so the main departure board works without showing platforms but the displays on the platforms weren't showing any departures.

Crossover

Established Member
Have you actually tried to buy a ticket though?

Video of first train calling.

The TVM at the station has the fares loaded but declines all payments.

The PIS does not seem to have platforms loaded, so the main departure board works without showing platforms but the displays on the platforms weren't showing any departures.

It is difficult!

Myself and Starmill have just visited for 45 mins between a couple of Grand Central services (14xx arrival and 1511 departure) - as mentioned, the PIS on the platforms was just saying about engineering work and the TVM is now just completely out of service. We couldn't fathom out why the Halifax bound platform has the exit off the station but the exit to the road is fenced - the only access is to the cycle track and not sure far you have to walk before you get out to a road!

Also tried both lifts whilst they work and smell new (don't think I have ever travelled in such a new/clean lift before!) and don't smell of what they usually smell of!

jbg

It is difficult!

Myself and Starmill have just visited for 45 mins between a couple of Grand Central services (14xx arrival and 1511 departure) - as mentioned, the PIS on the platforms was just saying about engineering work and the TVM is now just completely out of service. We couldn't fathom out why the Halifax bound platform has the exit off the station but the exit to the road is fenced - the only access is to the cycle track and not sure far you have to walk before you get out to a road!

Also tried both lifts whilst they work and smell new (don't think I have ever travelled in such a new/clean lift before!) and don't smell of what they usually smell of!
Signage refers to : Trains to Manchester, of which there are none. And no mention of Huddersfield, where pretty much every single Northern service terminates. Timetables not available at Leeds or Huddersfield either.

We couldn't fathom out why the Halifax bound platform has the exit off the station but the exit to the road is fenced - the only access is to the cycle track and not sure far you have to walk before you get out to a road!

I think it's fenced off because that probably was an access to the old station but now seems to be in private ownership. If you go left then after about 400 yards you emerge at the Euroway estate (Kingsmark Freeway). If you go right then after about 150 yards you can go into the park to access Cleckheaton Road.

I'm glad the direct cycle access is there as it's how I arrived this morning!

jbg

Anybody else worried about the warning poster re: the BASF chemical works going bang.

Not exactly welcoming.

Crossover

Established Member
Signage refers to : Trains to Manchester, of which there are none. And no mention of Huddersfield, where pretty much every single Northern service terminates. Timetables not available at Leeds or Huddersfield either.

I think that was just because of the engineering work today. On a Sunday at least, as I understand it, there will be 1tph Leeds - Huddersfield and 1tph Leeds - Manchester Victoria. They were terminating at Halifax today

Anybody else worried about the warning poster re: the BASF chemical works going bang.

Not exactly welcoming.

Ah yes - I noticed that! One thing on the poster was about if something happens, walking away from it, not towards. Great, but I don't actually know where it is so wouldn't have known anyway!

jbg

I think that was just because of the engineering work today. On a Sunday at least, as I understand it, there will be 1tph Leeds - Huddersfield and 1tph Leeds - Manchester Victoria. They were terminating at Halifax today

Ah yes - I noticed that! One thing on the poster was about if something happens, walking away from it, not towards. Great, but I don't actually know where it is so wouldn't have known anyway!

No. There aren't any trains to Manchester, engineering work or not.

Just got them to put the timetables out at Huddersfield.

What is it with that shower and not advertising other TOCs services?

bluenoxid

Established Member

I agree. For future reference, head south east.

HowardGWR

Established Member
Actually, more seriously, the description of the present exit provision did not make me feel I would like my teenage daughter to be getting off a late train (see the map). Both ways, described above, took you either through a wooded path, or through an industrial estate, instead of direct onto the main road. I suppose she would have to be instructed to use the lift or stairs to the other side or met and greeted by Dad or brother, especially if she lived well south of the station.

Perhaps someone local could put me right, if so.

bradford758

My mistake, it's the Weekday service they're referring to.

So it gets an earlier service on a Sunday, than a Weekday.
No it doesn't, there's an 0655 from Bradford Interchange on weekdays.

Sent from my 4009X using Tapatalk

Crossover

Established Member
Actually, more seriously, the description of the present exit provision did not make me feel I would like my teenage daughter to be getting off a late train (see the map). Both ways, described above, took you either through a wooded path, or through an industrial estate, instead of direct onto the main road. I suppose she would have to be instructed to use the lift or stairs to the other side or met and greeted by Dad or brother, especially if she lived well south of the station.

Perhaps someone local could put me right, if so.

Only one way off the station goes to the footpath - the other goes direct to the car park which is next to the main road

NorthernSpirit

Established Member

The signs do mention Brighouse which is unusual as you would have thought Huddersfield would have been a better mention.

bradford758

As mentioned beforehand, only the Bradford - Brighouse trains and short workings Bradford to Halifax/Hebden Bridge will call at LMR.

bradford758

Signs at Bramley (Yorks) refer to Blackpool and York but the Blackpool to York service doesn't stop there.
Present service at Bramley is three tph up from 2 pH a few years ago....

Spartacus

Established Member

You'd certainly know if it did. The last time it went bang seriously was in 1992, though there have been more recent issues, still big enough to be felt miles away as tremors.

Is there any warning that they test the alarm? Could be quite alarming considering the signs if you're not aware! Info here: https://www.basf.com/gb/en/company/about-us/Locations/Bradford.html

An explosion back in 1916 during picric acid production claimed 34 lives and reduced much of the stock stored in adjacent sidings to matchwood, even more being damaged.

Status
Not open for further replies.