• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

LSL Deltics

Status
Not open for further replies.

D9009Spotter

I've not seen any threads on this so far. So.

What's happening with regards to LSLs Class 55 fleet? I've not heard any news for months. Have they just joined the back of a very long queue of locos awaiting restoration? Thanks in advance.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

alexl92

Established Member
55022 suffered a sheared quill shaft in the no.2 engine whilst on loan at the NYMR - there were plans to repair it before Martin Walker sold the pair but I think he never got round to it.

9016 had had a fair bit of bodywork attention but it was in need of some more, plus a repaint.

My guess would be that having bought them as a pair, LSL will be hoping to unveil them to the public as a pair, fully repaired and ready to go, so they’re probably waiting until everything is sorted on both.

Ben Bow

As bought, all four power units in the two locomotives needed attention of some sort. Finding someone with the expertise and tooling required to strip down and rebuild a Napier Deltic is going to be the key to getting them running again.....

Status
Not open for further replies.