• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

LT Country Bus Rallies at Hitchin and Sevenoaks this month—are they still going ahead?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lightbulb

Does anyone know if the LT Country Bus rallies at Hitchin & Stevenage this Sunday (6th) and Sevenoaks (13th) are still going ahead? The Classic Buses Events Diary, updated yesterday, still lists the former as being provisional, and has a link to a Facebook page, but I can't access it (presumably because I do not have a Facebook account).

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

DaveLondon

Does anyone know if the LT Country Bus rallies at Hitchin & Stevenage this Sunday (6th) and Sevenoaks (13th) are still going ahead? The Classic Buses Events Diary, updated yesterday, still lists the former as being provisional, and has a link to a Facebook page, but I can't access it (presumably because I do not have a Facebook account).
Normally you do not need a Facebook account to access public pages - however in this case both events are shown at "tentative" and refers you to the website which adds nothing more. The Classic Buses Rally Website (the best usually!) shows both events as running. The organisers might see this and put something positive out there!!

JonathanH

Veteran Member
Normally you do not need a Facebook account to access public pages - however in this case both events are shown at "tentative" and refers you to the website which adds nothing more. The Classic Buses Rally Website (the best usually!) shows both events as running. The organisers might see this and put something positive out there!!
Country Bus Rallies aren't the best advertised events but usually there would, I think, be information about feeder services and how to buy a programme added to the Facebook page if they were actually happening. Are there any websites for participant buses where they post about it happening?

It seems rather unlikely it would be happening with no publicity at all.

For example, https://twitter.com/RT604 hasn't posted since March 2020.

galwhv69

Country Bus Rallies aren't the best advertised events but usually there would, I think, be information about feeder services and how to buy a programme added to the Facebook page if they were actually happening. Are there any websites for participant buses where they post about it happening?

It seems rather unlikely it would be happening with no publicity at all.

For example, https://twitter.com/RT604 hasn't posted since March 2020.
I do believe RT604 attended with owners on the LBM 65 event recently

JonathanH

Veteran Member
I do believe RT604 attended with owners on the LBM 65 event recently
Yes, the LBM 65 website suggests that they took part in the road run. However, it doesn't look like that particular bus carried passengers.

I was just using RT604 as a bus that might usually attend a Country Bus Rally and noting no information. I'm sure there are others, but I can't find anything online about either rally taking place.

Spamcan81

A friend of mine owns RT3254 so I've just e-mailed him to see if the Hitchin and stevenage event is on.

My mate informs me that the Hitchin/Stevenage/Hertford event is off.

Last edited:

LUYMun

A friend of mine owns RT3254 so I've just e-mailed him to see if the Hitchin and stevenage event is on.

My mate informs me that the Hitchin/Stevenage/Hertford event is off.
Is there a reason why the Hitchin event is off, and do they know if the Sevenoaks event is too taken off?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.