• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

LU Night Tube Train Operator - Part Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

peanloma

There are currently 32 NT drivers in training on the Picc and 4 existing Picc NT drivers have just been sent to full-time this week.

Do you know if it just Picc NT vacancies that are still being filled on new training courses, or are other lines being addressed to?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

peanloma

Thanks Lrd, Jimbo12345,

I’m Looking forward to finding out what I’ll get in the line allocation lucky dip in a couple of weeks time (Piccadilly or Central would be good!)

oz220

I was offered the job around the end of October and filled in the background check info. Also sent the forms requested from Onboarding.

I was told that it's best to do medical so I am ready for when next training is available (around mid January).

But I haven't heard anything back about my medical. I know it's only been 2 weeks but the suspense is killing me. Especially as I've only just started a new job and really not enjoying it due to knowing my future will be elsewhere.

Anyone know how long between getting job offer and getting offered the medical usually takes?

Thanks in advance.

AJirde

Hi all

Just got the surprising rejection email. Gutted as I stopped practising after I didn't hear anything for 5 months.

Tips for AC1: accuracy for scaat, don't change strategy for following and understanding test last minute, and as for error detection follow logic

Good luck
Abdi

Adamski

Hi all.

Just been emailed, I also didn't pass ac1, I think it was the error Checking one but as an external Candidate you dint get any feedback, I am gutted tbh but not much I can do apart from to wish you all the best

DARK CHOC

Hi all.

Just been emailed, I also didn't pass ac1, I think it was the error Checking one but as an external Candidate you dint get any feedback, I am gutted tbh but not much I can do apart from to wish you all the best
Try again on the next recruitment drive

Adamski

Didn't u feel confident wen u went in? Did u practise ?

I didn't feel too bad. Did practice but the error checking one was different. I started ok on it but then I lost my way and wondered what button it was. Grrr. So annoying.

AJirde

For me, I felt AC1 was geared all towards concentration, I thought I could contact the 5th dimension after those tests!

AJirde

I hope so, don't mind being abducted and returned before the next campaign, hopefully scaat will not be so alien by then!

Jetlagged

Ahoy there shipmates. Permission to come aboard cap'n.

Yup. I failed too. Sorry mods but BUGGERIT! So much for having to wait 10 working days. I received my thanks but no thanks email 45 hours after leaving the test. I'm still in shock as I felt that it didn't go that badly so I'm pretty fed up at the moment.

Best of luck to those of you still going through the mill.

Now, let's break open the rum ration. What time is sailaway?

DARK CHOC

Ahoy there shipmates. Permission to come aboard cap'n.

Yup. I failed too. Sorry mods but BUGGERIT! So much for having to wait 10 working days. I received my thanks but no thanks email 45 hours after leaving the test. I'm still in shock as I felt that it didn't go that badly so I'm pretty fed up at the moment.

Best of luck to those of you still going through the mill.

Now, let's break open the rum ration. What time is sailaway?
O no sorry 2 hear........u practised alot....just try again next time.....

Adamski

Anybody who failed AC1 ring the number in the email notification? I know it states due to high volumes they can't provide external Candidates with feedback but seeing that number does prompt me to as the question. Any one else?

Jetlagged

Anybody who failed AC1 ring the number in the email notification? I know it states due to high volumes they can't provide external Candidates with feedback but seeing that number does prompt me to as the question. Any one else?

If I had succeeded past AC1 and onto a job, I saw it as a way to fill some spare time and get to play with a big boy's train set. It wasn't critical or a career for the future like you other guys, so I entered the testing room feeling very relaxed. That was further enhanced by the attitude of the invigilators who did their best to make everyone feel relaxed. I came out feeling that I had done my best and that maybe I would receive an invitation for AC2. Clearly it went horribly wrong somewhere and yes, I would love to know why. I do wonder if it had anything to so with the lineside signal test. David went to great lengths to explain the process to us and even worked through the third example that we were all struggling with. But for all of my pre-test practice, I had developed my own way of arriving at the answer and carried on with this for the test. Now I am left wondering if we were supposed to use their method rather than our own.

Mikel

Hello all!
Been a silent observer on here for a month now and I'd just like to thank everyone who has contributed to this thread as I've found it very helpful. I applied for the P/T tube driver roll last year July but was told I was not necessarily good enough, even though I was rated highly, so I was put on a waiting list until a space comes up. August this year they got back to me and ask me to attend The Ac1 assessment in early October, which I found nerve racking but after practicing (and preying) :) I found out I passed within 5 days time. My Ac2 is this Friday and I'm currently practicing for that so feeling pretty confident that all should go well.

Once again I would like to thank everyone who has contributed some useful information to this threead and good luck to everyone attending there Ac1/Ac2 asessments

Adamski

If I had succeeded past AC1 and onto a job, I saw it as a way to fill some spare time and get to play with a big boy's train set. It wasn't critical or a career for the future like you other guys, so I entered the testing room feeling very relaxed. That was further enhanced by the attitude of the invigilators who did their best to make everyone feel relaxed. I came out feeling that I had done my best and that maybe I would receive an invitation for AC2. Clearly it went horribly wrong somewhere and yes, I would love to know why. I do wonder if it had anything to so with the lineside signal test. David went to great lengths to explain the process to us and even worked through the third example that we were all struggling with. But for all of my pre-test practice, I had developed my own way of arriving at the answer and carried on with this for the test. Now I am left wondering if we were supposed to use their method rather than our own.

I think the line side one is where I went wrong, I'm going to ring them and see what I can find out. No harm.in trying.

choochoochoo

Established Member
Would LU staff let you travel to the assessment centre for free using the tube ? If you showed them your invite and maybe some ID to prove the invite was for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.